Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

You can easily get the vestibular/somatogyral illusions in Lock On, especially in foggy days. Flying above 4000 meters, you can't even distinguish the horizontal line. The sky and the ground is jointed very smoothly just like you are flying in a large vague ball. When your feeling is different from the instrument readings, you have to persuade yourself to trust the instruments, though it is very painful.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_From_Hell View Post
Well, that's a different story.

There you're inside a dark ambient, with a very very big screen and loud sounds.

When you're not piloting, sometimes you can loose a bit of balance inside those (never really happened with me, though. But, just to make sure, I usually stand near something just in case )

Acutally, just remembered one video that can give this feel, this , on the loops specially. I sort of like the feeling , but those who aren't really fond of it might actually feel a bit sick.

Nevertheless, it's Storm of War! War is no walk in the park. People get shot, killed and sick the whole time, so there's no reason for not implementing it
Darn video made me dizzy enough to pass out.