Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Just finished my first playthrough as a mage and for the life of me I couldn't find Geyser or turn back time (or whatever that spell is called). It was agonizing going through the demon/dragon fights without them. :/
Old 01-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Oh... now that hurts. Death star can "alleviate the pain" a little, but it's no substitute for geyser against armies of 8-10 stacks.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Eh.. playing my mage on hard i found both geyser and deathstart nearly at the end of game, didn't found Armageddon at all, game had plenty of good warrior items.

Now i am playing on Impossible, game has plenty of mana and int items, found geyser to buy in montero and 3 free Armageddons spells there and i am a ... warrior ><

Last edited by Smash; 01-21-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Is it common to scan save files to insure a fighting chance at a good experience? I flew through Paladin/Normal, then Warrior/Hard (Montero was the "hump" where it went from frustrating to easy). Now playing a Mage on Hard I'm getting pwned in Verona... heavy losses.

It could be I'm just not very good... certainly doubt I'll ever finish in 7 days... or at level 60... or with no losses... nor on Impossible. But I wonder if I've just been unlucky and not gotten a good initial roll. My warrior game, for instance, didn't see a +Attack weapon until Montero. That crippled things a bit.

Given the randomness of the game, I don't consider it a cheat to make sure you've got some change at winning in advance. Just wondering if this is a best practice among the KBAP elite.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

In my eyes, scanning is permissible for people who want to try something specific, or have limited amount of time to play the game (like me) and don't have the luxury of making play-throughs just to pass the time.

As for the Mage, that is supposed to happen. Mage gets the worst leadership in the game and the first few islands are a hell, because she is more or less forced to play as a warrior due to a lack of strong spells. The thing that can save her is to find some strong units - Cyclops, Paladins, Demonologists, or a Call Collosus spell for a lvl 5 unit.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 01-30-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback. Oddly, by sneaking around and pre-stealing leadership and cash piles, I got to Verona without feeling like the game was a lost-cause. It is in Verona (and Montero) that I'm losing everyone.

I think I'll start again... I'm not going to scan 100 games to line up a perfect run. Rather just make sure I get a few good spells and useful troops early on. Phantom would be nice. So would Demonologists.

I think I'm almost level 20... and I have 13 rage total. Need to get that raised somehow as well so I can actually use Ball of Lightning.

Fingers crossed. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

You should probably prioritize your spending a bit better of runes. Early game, the first point of +8 rage in the might tree is very important, as it will fuel your dragon to do significantly more abilities, and gain experience a lot faster. In fact, as a mage, the only skills I really get from the Might tree are the rage and dragon based ones.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Registered Member

Good point on the +8 rage... will do... thanks. All I can do now is kick the bad guys... and dig for goodies.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
You should probably prioritize your spending a bit better of runes. Early game, the first point of +8 rage in the might tree is very important, as it will fuel your dragon to do significantly more abilities, and gain experience a lot faster. In fact, as a mage, the only skills I really get from the Might tree are the rage and dragon based ones.
I'm not a huge fan of Defense with a fighter but Caution 3 is an excellent place to spend might runes later on as well. For a mage, the hardest part of tough fights w/ no losses and no resurrection is surviving the first round and Caution 3 goes a long way to that end.