Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Well, I must admit that it's really hard to kite away map guardians. It took me 6 hours to do all of that...

The task is simple: get a decent mouse and try to click very close to the guardian. He will follow. Click very close to the first click and then quickly do the same close to the second click. It is very hard, but with any luck, you will be able to kite the guard away and you will be able to steal the map.

Well, you should be aware that this expends a considerable amount of energy, nerves and time. But in any case, it is doable. Keeping in mind that you can't use a cheat to open up all maps, this is the only way to do it. It takes practice and a lot of dedication. I am aware that few people will go so far, but in the end, it's very rewarding and it always pays off.

As for other tactics... I'm certain they will be discussed later on. I don't think it's fair to other players to ruin their games by discussing something that is for them to discover. Besides, the paladins + phantom tactic has been discovered a long time
Old 11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Please all post tactics and strategies discussion here!!!
Yes I goofed -thought I was in a different thread. Happens when you have multiple ones open

Thanks a lot! Figured it was difficult but glad to see that it's not just me .

Last edited by Elwin; 11-19-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

You usually need to approach your target from a 90 degree angle. So for example one of the map guardians on Anchor island can be kited away relatively easily the other, for me anyway, is impossible because you have to approach through such a narrow channel.(The quality of your mouse IMHO has nothing to do with it. I'm running KB:AP on an old Acer 2.4G P4 with 1G RAM and a crap mouse on minimum settings and it's all good! However if anyone has successfully kited away both map guardians on Anchor with or because of a better setup, then i guess i'll have to eat my hat!)

Approach at 90 degrees, close enough to the target to make it move/alert but far enough to avoid it's strike. Immediately it starts moving, hit the space bar to pause and quick save! Then try to move forward and in the desired direction away without letting your target lose interest. If this happens, reload to the quick save that first got your target interested and try again... (You know the target has lost interest if you see the ?? over it)

It's as/not as simple as that.

(Note: I found that while the map guardian on Anchor was impossible, on Elona between the two castles where you also only have a straight on approach, if the map guardian was an Ent it was quite easy but a Unicorn was impossible..)

BTW Blue.... If you're playing mage on impossible and willing to sacrifice 2~3 days at the start, you can kite to at least Verona then Tekron, Dersu or Elona and possibly Shettera!

Last edited by travelingoz; 11-19-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingoz View Post
BTW Blue.... If you're playing mage on impossible and willing to sacrifice 2~3 days at the start, you can kite to at least Verona then Tekron, Dersu or Elona and possibly Shettera!
Amazing - will have to give that 90 degree kite a whirl. I'm taking it to mean that if the enemy is facing down as in a "V", then you approach it from < or > either the left or right (sideways), not like ^
Old 11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

You got it! Head on in most cases will not work.

Ideally try to come from just less than 90 then pick a straight line that will take you just past the front of the target. As soon as it moves hit space and quicksave, then move a little again. If the target is still following, hit space quick save and move again.

If you find after you reload the target has lost interest or you can't avoid a fight, delete the last save and go from there again. With a little practice it's actually quite fun and i enjoy the challenge!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Default Rush the medals

With the mana accelerator skill, it is very easy to level up the casting medals very quickly.

I just got Iron Knight on my warrior, by walling a Marauder into the corner and casting berserk on him 10x in a row in two successive battles. Use one inquisitor to pump rage for conversion to mana.

Also split Maurauders can be used to cleanup 4 corpses per battle. You can get away with this at least on the first island on impossible.

And of course the already mentioned two treasure chests per battle with treasure searcher.

I also left some of the incredibly easy battles on the first island (e.g. devil fish) for when I could return with walls or a disabling spell so I could grind medals for 10 turns.

I try to makes sure all my mana and rage is spent by battle end.

Also use the pet regularly for him to level. Question though. I can't figure it out. Pet exp gained seems to be linked to number or difficulty of skills used. But then it seems to be capped, such that the dragon gains only a certain percent of the total battle exp. Does anyone know the formula? How many times must I use the dragon each battle to max out exp for the battle?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

You should refer to each dragon skill. It shows the exact amount of XP gained per use As such, there is no maximum XP gained for the dragon for each battle. It's all the matter of rage and utilizing the high-XP gain skills.

Here's the XP at max skill level. You can use it as a referrence because the table is pretty much the same for the lower levels:

Crushing blow - 34 XP
Treasure Searcher - 17 XP
Ball of Lightning - 46 XP
Mana Accelerator - 29 XP
Mystic Egg - 33 XP
Stone Wall - 39 XP
Dragon Dive - 28 XP
Battle frenzy - 37 XP
Burning Lava - 40 XP
Old 11-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the table. Having played a bit more I am starting to feel pretty confident there is a cap on dragon exp that is tied in a ratio to total hero exp gained.

I did a sneak game on impossible with a warrior. My first battle was an invincible battle against the emerald dragon on rusty island against the emerald dragon and 4 groups of dragonflies. My dragon gained 1600 exp going from lvl 1 to lvl 1 lvl 14 in one battle. I used 200 rage.

The next battle I fought against the first group of monsters on debir. I used 400 rage this battle. But I gained only 14 exp. Less than 1% of my first battle, even though twice the rage was used. My dragon also had +60% learning, which he did not the first battle.

Phantom on inquisitors works wonderfully to generate infinite rage for pet use. Because the 3-10 mana from an inquisitor generates on average 19.5 mana in 3 uses, which is more than the 15 mana phantom spell, it is possible to generate infinite rage each battle. But this appears rather pointless early game as pet exp seems to be tied to battle exp.

Not a bad thing as you would otherwise be able to max the dragons level in a single battle once you find phantom.