Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 07-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
All the same,I'm counting on Jafa and his latest sound mod when it's done,you know he won't dissapoint
Well all due respect to Jafa, I've used his sound mods in Il2 to death but you know if we can have a game that will tick all the boxes without using external mods then that has to be better for the community?..

I dont want another divide like Il2 that's for certain, and that Mod war is still going on now with what's right and what's wrong..who's right and who's wrong so for me I'm hoping this games content will be enough to keep everyone happy...at least for a while anyhow
Old 07-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

If Jafa can do such an excellent job ,then so should someone else who has all the tools and code.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

It's easier for Jafa, as he is not concerned about violating copyrights to rip sounds. A real publisher cannot do that.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Pop your soundcard out or disable it and let us know the results
I'd love to, but ATM, though I have the game, it won't be activated until the U.S. release. Rrrrgh.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

"We are redoing our sound from scratch. It is proceeding at a better pace than expected. It’s already in a working alpha state, and everyone loves it."
-Luthier

This is very interesting on two counts:

1. Since the process is going so fast I wonder if sounds will be re-worked by the July 19 U.S. release? BTW...I'm betting that date gets moved back.

2. When the new sound is introduced, it will be interesting to see if "we" love the new sound as much as the new / improved developers.

Sound has always been one of the weakest parts of the IL2 franchise. I remember before Clod was released we were told the sounds would be great. Not so much. So it will be interesting to see what they come back with. I'm thinking they will be better and hopefully other things will be added like sfx for landing gear, open cockpit wind, additional sfx beyond the current "click" for switches, cowl, etc...but I'm hoping folks like Jafa and Big Pickle keep doing their great sound mods because team Luthier may come up short.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
It's easier for Jafa, as he is not concerned about violating copyrights to rip sounds. A real publisher cannot do that.
I don't have ROF but apparently that sound is terrific,hold on i'll look at a link.Sounds excellent to me,so how did they do that without copywrite?
If it is artificially created then why can't it be done on WW11 engines?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on aint got clue ave ya

To everyone else-if they have got the sound guy from ROF then there on to a winner his work is very superb.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyerz View Post

To everyone else-if they have got the sound guy from ROF then there on to a winner his work is very superb.
So that means the sound guy made the ROF sounds from scratch,not too many ww1 engines around now.If he can do that then surely then D-Benz and Rolls Royce must be achievable to a certain degree.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:28 AM
Approved Member

Old 07-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

That is very very nice so lets get it right eh
No copywrite issues ,just pure sounds.They been given a chance ,let them use it. no more lawn mowers PLEASE.