Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

I love the Stuka development so far, shadows are great and the cockpit looks amazing...

I can see the bomb's arm extended in the image, is that going to be animated? I suppose it will considering it is extended in the image, but I thought i'd better ask

Great work so far Oleg.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

very, very nice cockpit on that stuka!

things are coming together!

Oleg...one of the things i always thought could be better in IL2 was the smoke, fire and weapon hit affects...has much time and thought gone into improving these in SOW?

cheers.

Last edited by furbs; 11-20-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally posted by furbs
Oleg...one of the things i always thought could be better in IL2 was the smoke, fire and weapon hit affects...has much time and thought gone into improving these in SOW?

cheers.
I TOTALLY second this question... something I've always believed as well and would be great to see improved.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Been away for a while but I have to say:

No words to describe what Oleg and friends are creating,
simply stunning!

Keep it up...
Old 11-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Beautiful as usual! Looks like SoW will have a bit of an actual 3D sense of altitude, which has always been missing from games.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Very very nice. I wonder about the target specifications for Stuka missions, though. In Il-2 you need to designate "enemy objects" (= tanks, artillery etc) as target to get the AI to dive-bomb like it's supposed to be. However Stukas were often used to soften up very specific geographical areas like a fortified hill or deny the enemy the use of important road or railway systems (with a well-placed bomb on a crossroads or railway line). Will such things be possible to specify?

Second question: In real life Stukas were often tasked with "individual attacks" from within a larger formation. This means the unit (Staffel or Gruppe) makes a wide circle over the target area and individual crews pick out specific targets to dive down and attack. This was often used against camouflaged enemy positions or tanks and allowed the Stukas to keep the pressure on enemy formations for quite some time - time which german ground units often used to approach and attack such targets. Will such things be possible?

PS: Now show us how my Stuka emblems look on those.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

hi.BOSS,
After I have seen some updated screenshots these one or two months.I've got a feeling.Don't you think that the whole background(the whole scenery)is a bit "clean"?
I mean if the sky is clean,maybe it's beautiful.But it seems that the ground needs some more "dirty" and "soil" feelings.I think you have done this very well in planes modeling.Sometimes I think "god,what a worn plane".
The plane looks realistic,while the ground scenery looks like we are just flying over an EA SIMS 3 city.
Maybe BOSS,you have already seen the ARMAII,"To surpass ARMAII" is my best wishes to your NEW SERIES.

Last edited by mark@1C; 11-20-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

The cockpit look very nice but something is missing even more now... the pilot.

Please Oleg, due consider including a animated pilot like DCS Ka50 or other racing games today have... even toggle-able is good enough.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
The cockpit look very nice but something is missing even more now... the pilot.

Please Oleg, due consider including a animated pilot like DCS Ka50 or other racing games today have... even toggle-able is good enough.
I think in such a game,pilot is the last thing to exhaust the system resources...

Last edited by mark@1C; 11-21-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Some great details in those pics. Love the windows and shadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
Looks like SoW will have a bit of an actual 3D sense of altitude, which has always been missing from games.
Exactly! Looks great!

Oleg, I know the focus of this update is the Stuka but I couldn't help but notice the abrupt transition from land to sea. Is this something that we can expect to be improved?

Also, there's a mysterious shadow in 0021.jpg and 0022.jpg just above the gun sight. Doesn't seem to be attached to any of the trees.