Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Hey Rancor, do this:

Install Armored Princess.
Install Crossworld
verify game cache files for AP.
Play Crossworld.

I just broke both of your games.

This is the only game+expansion in steam's catalogue that I'm aware of where both the expansion and base game share the same ..\steamapps subfolder.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
Hey Rancor, do this:

Install Armored Princess.
Install Crossworld
verify game cache files for AP.
Play Crossworld.

I just broke both of your games.

This is the only game+expansion in steam's catalogue that I'm aware of where both the expansion and base game share the same ..\steamapps subfolder.
What the hell are you talking about? I haven't had any problems with steam and CW...
Old 09-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Don't ask what the hell I'm talking about if you haven't done the above steps.

Also, on the first page of this forum alone, there are already five separate topics on this same issue.

You not having (or not realizing that you have) a problem is great for you. It doesn't fix the problem though.

Last edited by Aesir; 09-18-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Don't ask what the hell I'm talking about if you haven't done the above steps.

Also, on the first page of this forum alone, there are already five separate topics on this same issue.

You not having (or not realizing that you have) a problem is great for you. It doesn't fix the problem though.
I usually don't call anyone retarded... but it fits perfectly here so let me ask an honest question, are you mentally retarded? If i said i don't have any problems with CW or steam that means i dont have any problems... is there seriously something that you didn't understand there? Really me not having a problem doesn't fix other people problems from around the world? really, sherlock?
Old 09-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

You sound upset.

Feel free to continue posting how you don't have any problems. And also ignore the steps I provided to reproduce the problem on your system. And then continue to say there are no problems. Because that isn't retarded.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You sound upset.

Feel free to continue posting how you don't have any problems. And also ignore the steps I provided to reproduce the problem on your system. And then continue to say there are no problems. Because that isn't retarded.
Okay thanks to you i decided to try AP and the steam completely broke CW?!! What the ****... this shit is seriously pissing me off, yes i was upset and now i'm even more upset so i guess i have to download CW now completely over again just by pressing play armored princess... WOW this is some serious problem then... i shouldnt have listened to you though because everything worked flawlessly before and who plays AP anyway when you have CW... in other words i'm ******* pissed... not to you but to the steam this is getting ridiculous.

EDIT: Although there's no need to install AP and CW separately if you're only going to play CW which most people propably do becuase it includes ap campaign aswell...

Last edited by rancor26; 09-18-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Rancor, I'm actually sorry. I apologize. I wrote earlier those steps and did write:

"I just broke both of your games."

Because I wanted to be clear that this is one way to create the problem that you are seeing posted about in the topics.

I've done some checking - and while I can't obviously test every expansion toa game sold on Steam - as far as I've been able to find, this problem is unique to Crossworld and AP right now.

They really do need to patch in a new subfolder in ..\steamapps for Crossworld. Otherwise you will see posts from a lot of people in the coming months (as more people install and reinstall the game, they are more likely to run into this issue).

Quote:
To fix your game and *only* play Crossworld, do this:

Install AP. Verify the game cache files. Twice, until it tells you "0 files reacquired" both times in a row.

Install CW. Verify the game cache files. Twice, until it tells you "0 files reacquired" both times in a row.

Then only ever launch and play CW. Ignore the AP game in your library, at least until 1C posts that they fixed the problem and the update comes in through Steam.
Your save games should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor26 View Post
EDIT: Although there's no need to install AP and CW separately if you're only going to play CW which most people propably do becuase it includes ap campaign aswell...
I understand what you're saying and why. But that isn't how games and expansions normally work in Steam. Please try to trust me on that, as the explanation is long/boring. But as an example, even I still regularly play Civ IV (vanilla) and also the Beyond the Sword expansion for that game separately. Same for the Heroes of Might & Magic collection I have. I'm not alone. And again, normally in steam, you should be able to (if you choose) run AP (especially if you have a campaign you're still working on completing) without breaking the CW install (and vice versa).

Last edited by Aesir; 09-18-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Rancor, I'm actually sorry. I apologize. I wrote earlier those steps and did write:

"I just broke both of your games."

Because I wanted to be clear that this is one way to create the problem that you are seeing posted about in the topics.

I've done some checking - and while I can't obviously test every expansion toa game sold on Steam - as far as I've been able to find, this problem is unique to Crossworld and AP right now.

They really do need to patch in a new subfolder in ..\steamapps for Crossworld. Otherwise you will see posts from a lot of people in the coming months (as more people install and reinstall the game, they are more likely to run into this issue).

Your save games should be fine.

I understand what you're saying and why. But that isn't how games and expansions normally work in Steam. Please try to trust me on that, as the explanation is long/boring. But as an example, even I still regularly play Civ IV (vanilla) and also the Beyond the Sword expansion for that game separately. Same for the Heroes of Might & Magic collection I have. I'm not alone. And again, normally in steam, you should be able to (if you choose) run AP (especially if you have a campaign you're still working on completing) without breaking the CW install (and vice versa).
Ya but i purchased both AP and CW at the same time and i didn't have any AP savegames or anything and i'm not planning to ever launch AP so whatever i download the broken version just to save time.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

People that don't know any better not to play AP after CR are who will do this. It's not so foolish as one might believe to want to play the original game and try to do so in the normal fashion.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Aesir. You are right on. For now, the only way to play Crossworld with Steam is to do exactly what you said. Install and validate files for Armored princess, then install and validate Crossworld, de-activate auto-update, and... DON'T touch the Armored Princess button anymore!

I was able to play Crossworld for 4 hours in a row, and everything is fine now.

But something is broken here. Hope they will fix it monday morning, because if you touch the AP button for any reason, then you have to re-download and re-validate everything all over again...

I have over 75 games in my Steam folder, and alot of DLCs and expansion packs. It's the first time I see something like that.

But for now, those on Steam just need to follow Aesir instrutions and it will work.