Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

no Spit IIa ?? i think the blues have enough advantages already...

i'm all in favor of historical settings, but the only historical thing of these settings is the set of AC names in a list; the general performance of the AC has nothing of historical, i highly doubt this choice will portrait anything close to reality; don't want to sound harsh but i would rather have a performance balance closer to reality, instead of adjusting the AC availability to match a names list of a given time frame.

or to put it simpler, no Spits IIa at this time doesn't match or try to come close to historical performance balance, and gameplay wise it's also a not very good idea
Old 05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatta Raso View Post
no Spit IIa ?? i think the blues have enough advantages already...

i'm all in favor of historical settings, but the only historical thing of these settings is the set of AC names in a list; the general performance of the AC has nothing of historical, i highly doubt this choice will portrait anything close to reality; don't want to sound harsh but i would rather have a performance balance closer to reality, instead of adjusting the AC availability to match a names list of a given time frame.

or to put it simpler, no Spits IIa at this time doesn't match or try to come close to historical performance balance, and gameplay wise it's also a not very good idea
Actually, I just did a bit more research into this and asked some of our other guys in 501/64 and the Spitfire IIa wasn't really in action near the south until Oct.

First IIas showed up in service in August, but they were not near 11 group in the south until October-ish, as far as I can find in my lookings.

So in the interests of the historic, I'd prefer not to see the IIa in action in this campaign after all. That doesn't mean I think we're not in for a beating, but I'm all for the idea behind not including it: historical as possible. FMs are borked, but we can't help that.

I'd rather have a Spit I anyway Two-stage prop for me!
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

i see your point but if historical means recreating the actual conditions, you should choose AC availability to match the performance balance present at the time, instead of making an AC list that respects just a names ratio of that time and little else. the current choice gives the blues a performance and thus a tactical advantage never present in 1940; the Spits available (I,Ia) were competitive against the 109-E, in CLoD even the IIa is hardly, in RL 1940 the Hurricane could perform well on certain conditions, in CLoD is obsolete.

however cheers for these guys organizing the event, it's their show and they run it as they see fit, mine are just thoughts from an outsider
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

I'd rather this thread just be kept for people asking questions rather than a FM debate. However I do see you point but I dont have any info on the spit or hurricanes from clod and RL. Maybe you can PM me.

However the idea of the campaign is not for fighters to simply go toe to toe. Its about the objectives. Reds must loose as least number of fighters in the air and on the ground and Blue must loose the least number of bombers. If both sides do not try to achieve this objective, they will lose.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 05-30-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

sorry mate my intention wasnt to start THAT debate here, just pointing it out for the sake of gameplay , i would have thought the blues would like some competition as in the game the spit 2 is the only plane near the 109 due to the inacurate fm's (apparantly). i thought it would be a walk over for blues but im game to find out if so
Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

No problem. Im open to any suggestions.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

A pity the battle is scheduled for a Sunday night (European time). This will exclude most pilots in the Oceania timezones as 9pm European time 17th June 2012 (Sunday) is early Monday morning in Australia, New Zealand & east Asia regions. That being said, I have some questions.

1. Will a player who runs out of ammo or fuel be allowed to land & spawn in another plane?
2. Will a player who has a damaged aircraft be allowed to land & get a new undamaged aircraft?
3. I believe that only aircraft XX-A (leader) of a group has access to radar calls, if the leader is killed, does XX-B then have access to radar facilities?

Keep up the good work

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 05-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo View Post
A pity the battle is scheduled for a Sunday night (European time). This will exclude most pilots in the Oceania timezones as 9pm European time 17th June 2012 (Sunday) is early Monday morning in Australia, New Zealand & east Asia regions. That being said, I have some questions.

Keep up the good work
Yeah same here. It is Monday morning. 5 am or 6am in Korea.
how log will the mission last? if it lasts 2hours barely make it before office hours
Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
A pity the battle is scheduled for a Sunday night (European time). This will exclude most pilots in the Oceania timezones as 9pm European time 17th June 2012 (Sunday) is early Monday morning in Australia, New Zealand & east Asia regions.
Sorry about that. We were aiing for Saturday at the same time for the readon you stated but our server admin will be working Saturday 90% of the time. So unfortunatley it just want possible.

Quote:
That being said, I have some questions.

1. Will a player who runs out of ammo or fuel be allowed to land & spawn in another plane?
No. Think of it like Coop mode from Old IL2.

Quote:
2. Will a player who has a damaged aircraft be allowed to land & get a new undamaged aircraft?
No. Think of it like Coop mode from Old IL2.

Quote:
3. I believe that only aircraft XX-A (leader) of a group has access to radar calls, if the leader is killed, does XX-B then have access to radar facilities?

Keep up the good work
No he doesnt. Hence its important to stay with the Squadron leader and protect him. ATAG have kindly said they would host comes so it should not be such a problem. However I still have to catch up with Bliss or someone to finalise it.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 05-31-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabetheace View Post
how log will the mission last? if it lasts 2hours barely make it before office hours
The maxiumum time for a mission will be 2 hours. However Most of the action will be wrapped up around the hour mark in most missions.