Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Default Help

I did what your instructions said but when i go into the mods options on Men Of War the mod doesn't appear there. Help?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSmurfin View Post
I did what your instructions said but when i go into the mods options on Men Of War the mod doesn't appear there. Help?
The name in the mod.info file must be the same name as the folder.

Folder = Red Tide mod

{mod
{name "Red Tide mod"} << same name as folder.
{desc "Red Tide's content"} << This is just a description, can be whatever.
}

OR

Is your mod.info a text document? When you are in explorer, in detail view, does it say Text Document under file type? If so, you need to go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and rename the mod.info.txt to mod.info

Hope that helps!

Deafening
Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Ok, created the folder and mod file, moved the stuff i was supposed to move and i get the error message below when i try and load the mod Any ideas?

<P.S> Tried it with a fully updated install 1.17.5 and the vanilla install both with same result.

Last edited by Hellhound_Uk; 05-14-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

When I first used the mod, I used Standard RT and 1.13 MoW. The new patch must have something to do with it.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

it dosent worrk to me i got some kind of exception error can anyone help me?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Approved Member

Default Nope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafening View Post
I created a mod that would allow me to load all of Red Tide's content into the original Men of War. It is very easy to do.

This will allow you to open up the new maps in the editor and check out the new units!

To create the mod, follow steps:
1. Create a "mods" folder in the Men of War directory (e.g. c:\men of war\mods)
2. Create a folder inside the "mods" folder called "Red Tide mod".
3. Open notepad and paste the following:

{mod
{name "Red Tide mod"}
{desc "Red Tide's content"}
}

Save as "mod.info" in the newly created folder.

4. Copy the "resource" folder from the Red Tide's directory. Paste it into the "Red Tide mod" folder.
5. Copy the "localization.pak" and "MoWRTGDF.dll" files from the Red Tide's directory. Paste it into the "Red Tide mod" folder.
6. Launch Men of War. go to Options -> mods. Activate "Red Tide mod"

Now exit the game, launch the editor and enjoy!

Deafening
No, actually, all this does is give you a Red Tide background and some Red Tide music when you are on Men Of War - no Red Tide missions are playable and CTDs abound. If the sole purpose of this 'mod' was to enable us to use the Red Tide units and maps in the GEM Editor, then there are two reasons why this is ... just not necessary:

1) There is a Red Tide mod already out, which gives us the Red Tide units in Men of War (not the maps, though). See the DMS forum for this.

2) If you want to use the Red Tide units (and maps) in the GEM editor for mission making or video making, you can just copy and paste the mow_editor.exe into your Red Tide's root folder, and you will have the Red Tide version of the GEM Editor. Just don't release missions made on Red Tide maps - for common sense reasons.

Cheers, anyway,

Kage