Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > King's Bounty Editor

King's Bounty Editor Info, hints, questions and etc.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
I am thinking (not a promise!) that me might want to run a proper affiliate program with the modders - maybe even pack several best fan addons into a special pack and help them distribute it. For example there is a huge number of people making addons for MS flight-sim.

Let's see first how many people are interested in playing with the editor and how elaborate those mods/expansions would be.
I've got an idea. How about a competition where, perhaps from November to December, modders have two months to create a small mod of a set number of islands (such as 5 islands) and the top 3-4 winners get packaged in a special addon pack and they win a special prize (King's Bounty: The Legend - Collector's Edition with an AP t-shirt, perhaps?) and all runners up get a special addon for the game?

Just an idea!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Thanks we will think about various ideas. For now we are working hard to make sure that game is out on the 17th and is as polished as possible.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks we will think about various ideas. For now we are working hard to make sure that game is out on the 17th and is as polished as possible.
Will we see a collector edition to Crossworlds?

*edit*

Oh nevermind, there's a GOTY edition.

Last edited by heron1; 08-27-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Really looking forward to user made content. Personally, I'm lacking a few attributes when it comes to seeing a full campaign through to the end. Mostly attention span and the ability to come up with good names for characters.

With enough exposure and development, an IGN vault might be a good idea as well. nwvault.ign.com has always been a particularly active one.

Last edited by JQueue; 08-31-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQueue View Post
Really looking forward to user made content. Personally, I'm lacking a few attributes when it comes to seeing a full campaign through to the end. Mostly attention span and the ability to come up with good names for characters.
Get ready to create your own perfect king's bounty, the editor is pretty userfriendly, so I'm sure everyone will be able to create new content or just modify the existing.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Seriously, I once created a dragon named Cragon. I know a lot of developers just head butt the keyboard a couple times to make names for dragons or various mystical creatures, but I wanted something more meaningful for the casual observer.

The ultimate result was that I was so disgusted with my character names and the daunting task of naming my NPCs that I stopped development entirely.

Programming and script modding IS something I am always interested in doing though. I like editing units and generating AIs and abilities such, I hope I will be able to do this.

Last edited by JQueue; 08-31-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQueue View Post
Seriously, I once created a dragon named Cragon. I know a lot of developers just head butt the keyboard a couple times to make names for dragons or various mystical creatures, but I wanted something more meaningful for the casual observer.

The ultimate result was that I was so disgusted with my character names and the daunting task of naming my NPCs that I stopped development entirely.

Programming and script modding IS something I am always interested in doing though. I like editing units and generating AIs and abilities such, I hope I will be able to do this.
I'm not good at programming, but from what I've seen and heard you will be able to do a lot of things with the editor, including the ones you mentioned.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

We will make a special section at the KB web site about the editor - with explanations, screenshots, etc.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
We will make a special section at the KB web site about the editor - with explanations, screenshots, etc.
Posting some new kb editor screenshot would be nice!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron1 View Post
Posting some new kb editor screenshot would be nice!
Here you are
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ed1.jpg (534.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg ed2.jpg (546.9 KB, 59 views)