Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 06-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

$275 is really steep for a used G940.

I'm currently in the market for that stick and have been searching prices for a while now. I've found refurbished for $195 on Amazon and ~$300-$250 for a new one online and in-store at Fry's Electronics.

You make a reasonable price and I'll take that G940 right off your desk for ya when I get paid next Friday.

EDIT: Keep in mind refurbished is *factory* refurbished. So guaranteed operational. With free shipping and at $195, a competitive price for a transaction between two 1C forum-goers would be ~$180-$175 out the door, almost/like-new condition, that's including shipping costs. Add two years old/hardly used and, honestly and intelligently thinking, I would pay ~$160-$150 since I'm not getting the assurance of a completely working product and its full life cycle that I would out of the box or factory refurbished/re-qualified as marketable merchandise.

...just trying to think realistically if you're serious about selling your G940.

Last edited by AbortedMan; 06-14-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearOfHights View Post
I was thinking about this one: http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=301766
Now I know nothing about what is a good stick, and what aingt so good. How is the stick I put in the link?
It is very good stick. With some time investment into programming this stick you will have very good controls over plane.
Though the best stick would be HOTAS Cougar with Hall sensors. It still beats them all.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
$275 is really steep for a used G940.

I'm currently in the market for that stick and have been searching prices for a while now. I've found refurbished for $195 on Amazon and ~$300-$250 for a new one online and in-store at Fry's Electronics.

You make a reasonable price and I'll take that G940 right off your desk for ya when I get paid next Friday.

EDIT: Keep in mind refurbished is *factory* refurbished. So guaranteed operational. With free shipping and at $195, a competitive price for a transaction between two 1C forum-goers would be ~$180-$175 out the door, almost/like-new condition, that's including shipping costs. Add two years old/hardly used and, honestly and intelligently thinking, I would pay ~$160-$150 since I'm not getting the assurance of a completely working product and its full life cycle that I would out of the box or factory refurbished/re-qualified as marketable merchandise.

...just trying to think realistically if you're serious about selling your G940.
Negotiations...I love'm. Make me an offer.

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Post some detailed pictures of the button clusters, joystick, throttle group, and pedal surfaces and we can get this deal rollin!

or email em to pushbecomeshove@gmail.com, or you can just text me the pics if you want to take pics with your phone (if it has a good camera), I'll give you my cell # if you request it in email...or PM...does this forum have PMs?
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

...to get back to the original bloke's question: If you fly the Hurricane and Spitfire, they both have rudder trim, which could remedy your problem somewhat.
Ideally, for cancelling any banking, there would be aileron trims (which cancels auto-movement exactly along the axis you have problems with), but neither the Hurri nor the Spit do have that - so you have to trim (somewhat) around the yaw axis, that is, an axis drawn from your pilot's head down his spine and so on (not necessarily exactly centered on the pilot, for the nitpickers )
So, you may see some problems already when imagining that - yaw trim does cancel engine torque, but you:
a) may have to be trimming rather boldly - it's not just a few 'clicks' if your engine runs at full throttle, more like a few ten clicks.
b) may introduce some yaw in the other direction which let's you drift off-course over time and which you should consider because of that. So either you don't trim as hard and do the rest manually, or correct your course from time to time (this may be rather oftern) or you reduce throttle, which helps on engine torque and reduces the problem to begin with.

Hope that helps.

P.S.: The Hurri and Spit have an instrument for that in the cockpit: the turn & bank indicator. It's the instrument which has two hands, looking somewhat mirrored along the horizontal axis. The lower hand gives your banking angle and the upper hand helps with correcting excessive yaw: If the hand is in the middle, you've canceled any auto-yaw and you should fly straight along the course you've set (not considering wind etc.), albeit probably your automatic banking may not be entirely canceled, as described above.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

The spit and hurricane will fly hands free with zero trim at about 2lbs of boost. They are made to cruise hands free.

The 109 will stop rolling at full throttle around 400km/h IAS.
They are made to fly full throttle hands free.

I think many people try to fly the merlin engines full throttle all the time and wonder why it keeps rolling the the right.

Just reduce you throttle a little after take off and you'll find the balance point at about 2lbs of boost.
you can even steer the plane using nothing but throttle...
Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
Post some detailed pictures of the button clusters, joystick, throttle group, and pedal surfaces and we can get this deal rollin!

or email em to pushbecomeshove@gmail.com, or you can just text me the pics if you want to take pics with your phone (if it has a good camera), I'll give you my cell # if you request it in email...or PM...does this forum have PMs?
I'll take some pics over the weekend. Let me know where to send them. PMs are available, so send me a number.

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Default mine is banking right too

my saitek cyborg evo doesnt center proply in il-2 COD.
What happen is if i take off and not touching airelons left or right its ok but as soon as i move the stick to the right possition it doesnt come back to proper center possition. I have to move it all the way left to be able to center proply. It happens only with IL-2 COD - never happend in other flight sim (dcs, ED, fsx, condor etc.) I tried to assign airelon trim to my saitek but never works. Does Hurricane have airelon trim anyway ? PLEASE HELP cause its realy annoying (plane keeps rotateing right all the time until i make hard left turn.

I pluged off my saitek stick and it happens with keybord too so its not my stick.
i uploading print screen to show you how big is the difference.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by essuru View Post
my saitek cyborg evo doesnt center proply in il-2 COD.
What happen is if i take off and not touching airelons left or right its ok but as soon as i move the stick to the right possition it doesnt come back to proper center possition. I have to move it all the way left to be able to center proply. It happens only with IL-2 COD - never happend in other flight sim (dcs, ED, fsx, condor etc.) I tried to assign airelon trim to my saitek but never works. Does Hurricane have airelon trim anyway ? PLEASE HELP cause its realy annoying (plane keeps rotateing right all the time until i make hard left turn.
This is a big guess... but:

You aircraft is at 3200+ RPM in that screenshot with your boost over 5lbs.
This could be engine torque causing the aircraft to rotate on the horizontal axis, resulting in air pressure on the ailerons.

As stated by other in the thread:
Try reducing boost to 2lbs and set your RPM around 2500 or so.
Trim the rudder and you should be able to go hands-free, in stable, level flight.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyle View Post
This is a big guess... but:

You aircraft is at 3200+ RPM in that screenshot with your boost over 5lbs.
This could be engine torque causing the aircraft to rotate on the horizontal axis, resulting in air pressure on the ailerons.

As stated by other in the thread:
Try reducing boost to 2lbs and set your RPM around 2500 or so.
Trim the rudder and you should be able to go hands-free, in stable, level flight.
I think it happens when the throttle is on idle as well. I gonna check that this evening. I did what you suggest last night and ok it does work exept i still need to keep little bank to fly straight otherwise the plane kept going left. I am very patient person after dealing with all Lockon and DCS series from almost decade.
Anyway thanx for quick respond