Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Mods

Mods Men of War mods and other improvements

Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

I am running 2.1 of Dynamic Campaign Generator with
the 2.1 Maps upgrade
the 2.1 Units addon
the 2.1 Infantry addon (Kobashi)
Blood Mod (gore mod was too buggy)

So...

A few things... anyone know why the AI is pretty retarted in DCG? I end up with alot of enemies sitting back and just "confused". Should I run an AI mod?

(Getting all these mods just to work at once is a task in itself and requires about 2 pages of documentation...)
Old 04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Banned

I did explain this at the DMS site earlier today, but since you do say that you can´t visit DMS from work... so here is the explanation to the "stupid" behavior of the AI troops (running a AI mod is NOT recommended. It will not fix this problem and may give you random crashes).

Whenever a new mission in DCG is generated, and the enemy force is large enough, the enemy force has two waves, 1st and 2nd. The 1st wave will start moving towards their objectives as soon as the mission begins, whilst the 2nd wave will be standing idle.

When the 1st wave has reached their objectives, the mod awaits your reaction. If you captures all objectives, the 2nd wave of enemies will start moving towards the objectives and will try to throw you out from the objectives. This the 2nd wave, are most likely the AI units you have seen standing idle and doing nothing.

The 2nd wave can start to react when one of the following things happens:

a) You captures all the objectives or,

b) You fires against the units in the 2nd wave or,

c) You get close enough to be seen by them.

Unfortunately the 2nd wave is placed on the map at the same time as the 1st wave and thus you can see them standing idle and doing nothing. We´re working on a solution to this, but to be honest, it isn´t very high on our "to-do" list.

The later versions of DCG that we in the modding team has access to (I think we are about 12 versions ahead of you ) do work better in regard to this.

All of the three addons just require a "drag-and-drop" action from you, so I hardly agree that it is that difficult to get those to work...

~Zeke.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Ahh this makes sense.

Well then... how about this... I notice the 1st wave and 2nd all walk to their objective.

Can you randomize it sometimes where they run? I had to turn back on the enemy for minimap (removed mod) since they were SO slow and I was just waiting around on them.

Another big big suggestion would be to compile the DCG, Unit Pack, and Infantry into 1 mod as a release.... would guarantee alot less confusion and release mix up for noobs. I know each developer wants to do their own pace but would be nice from a DCG standpoint that you release a complete build with said above together for those that do plan on using them all anyways. (Plus it would make your life easier all around)

There are some other suggestions (you probably have heard all these by now...smile)... a way to sort the deployment troop types by point cost (usually a default by clicking on the header field to sort entire table below by that field (an excel thing))...

Alot of the unit images are missing ... so sometimes I am not sure what a unit really is

I do have alot of resources for WW2 stuff... what does your team need atm? GUI gfx, icons, sounds?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowlinger View Post
Ahh this makes sense.

Well then... how about this... I notice the 1st wave and 2nd all walk to their objective.

Can you randomize it sometimes where they run? I had to turn back on the enemy for minimap (removed mod) since they were SO slow and I was just waiting around on them.
This is a question for our mod leader and coder, Jason1. I´m only a mapper and 3D modeler and nothing else.

Quote:
Another big big suggestion would be to compile the DCG, Unit Pack, and Infantry into 1 mod as a release.... would guarantee alot less confusion and release mix up for noobs. I know each developer wants to do their own pace but would be nice from a DCG standpoint that you release a complete build with said above together for those that do plan on using them all anyways. (Plus it would make your life easier all around)
I would like to have it made this way as well... but I´m alone in the mod team regarding this option... The others thinks that the size alone would stop people from downloading our mod... I disagree... but...

Quote:
There are some other suggestions (you probably have heard all these by now...smile)... a way to sort the deployment troop types by point cost (usually a default by clicking on the header field to sort entire table below by that field (an excel thing))...
Please explain what you mean... I´m not following your thoughts here... English isn´t my native language...

Quote:
Alot of the unit images are missing ... so sometimes I am not sure what a unit really is
Are you using the "unlimited ammo and fuel" option? If so all unit icons to the left are missing... this is a engine related thing, and hardcoded it seems.
The only way to get those icons to show up, is to not use the "unlimited ammo and fuel" option.

And if you are talking about the icons in the buy menu... We are working on adding the missing ones. Our main gfx artist didn´t get the game until last week so he hasnt had the time to add the missing icons yet.

Quote:
I do have alot of resources for WW2 stuff... what does your team need atm? GUI gfx, icons, sounds?
A lot of resources you say... what is a lot? Online references? Photos? Books? I´ve about two to three hundred books filled with World War II stuff (vehicles, fighters, uniforms, small arms etc etc) so references aren´t really needed...

The only sounds we really could need right now, is correct sounds for Italian small arms and Italian voices, that´s all. And yes, we are working on adding the Italian Nation to DCG in the future.

~Zeke.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Ok I will take a screenshot tonight at home and post here tomorrow to show you what I mean on the sorting of the points columns etc.

I have already made some sound changes ... added better explosion sounds and tank explosion sounds, grenades, etc... I have a specialty set of dopplar range sound effect for ww2 of explosions... Your team is welcome to use them if you want for next DCG ... I have already preprocessed them for 44hz / 4bit and the mod is a simple zip I can send... hmmm I probably have Italian weapon sounds.. but no original Italian voices. Battlefield 1942 had some Italian voice overs in the Road to Rome expansion...

I was not using unlimited ammo setting... it was the icons in the buy menu... as you said is being worked on.

You have me completely beat on book resources... lol my 10 books don't even count compared to your library!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Zeke here is image...

Zeke here is the image with suggestions. Your team may already have some of these in the future release... or not... Just some ideas that would make the interface alittle easier to use for players.

Thanks for passing this on to the rest of the DCG team
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCG.JPG (1.01 MB, 32 views)

Last edited by Prowlinger; 04-23-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Will send a copy of the picture to Jason.

~Zeke.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

Zeke...

I was playing last night and noticed that the unit healthbars were active on the first map but then got turned off the rest of the battles..

Now I am trying to figure out how the heck you guys did it? Is it per map? or a global setting?

Hmmm...
Old 04-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

when i try to select map i am geting error (could not find a part of the path 'Crogram Files (x86)\Aspyr\Men of War\mods\Campain\resource\set\enviroment\single\DC G\DCGmission\DCGenvironment.set") does anyone knows how to fix this.

THANX
Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

do we have to install the contents of the generator in the men of war files? i dont see any folder under the name mod. where do i have to install the files of the mod? anywere ?