Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Mods

Mods Men of War mods and other improvements

Old 05-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

i am sorry this looks like you just created a mindless gore fest
i mean like MG bullets from a plane making a guy explode?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Nice work CTS. Just been using it and it seems the biz. Thanks for your work and input on this mod. Keep up the good work !
Old 05-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilloc93 View Post
i am sorry this looks like you just created a mindless gore fest
i mean like MG bullets from a plane making a guy explode?
MGs on that german plane are small cannons ( not sure if they are in real life, but they are in game code ). I could fix that, easy, excluding the plane from the "explosion" triggers, but it looks awesome imo, any you only meet planes a very few times in game... All-in-all only 1 out of 10-20 enemies die by expolding during the SP games, so it does not look like "gore fest" most of the times.

Anyways, I have tuned down the amount of body parts in the last uploaded version, so should not look that messy. It is a bit over the top on the video, just give it a try, it will look good in-game he-he...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Nice work CTS. Just been using it and it seems the biz. Thanks for your work and input on this mod. Keep up the good work !
Thank you for positive feedback! I have figured out how to put 3ds max models in game, so i will make a big update. It takes long time to model though ( and i only have few hours every evening ), so it will not be out before few weeks.

Last edited by CTS; 05-30-2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: updated reply
Old 06-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
MGs on that german plane are small cannons ( not sure if they are in real life, but they are in game code ).
Most German fighters had mg's as well as 20-30mm or even 37mm canons which were 'mine' or exploding shells which would DEFINITELY be blowing dudes into chunks. .50mm mg's infantry use will blow limbs off, thats point 5. also the rate of fire, caliber, and velocity of the guns was greater than small arms Mg's. i dont think it is over the top at all. war is hell and bloody. besides, ever read stories or listen to old ww2 vets talk about how aircraft scared the s*** out of them?

like the mod btw
Old 06-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlesign View Post
Most German fighters had mg's as well as 20-30mm or even 37mm canons which were 'mine' or exploding shells which would DEFINITELY be blowing dudes into chunks. .50mm mg's infantry use will blow limbs off, thats point 5. also the rate of fire, caliber, and velocity of the guns was greater than small arms Mg's. i dont think it is over the top at all. war is hell and bloody. besides, ever read stories or listen to old ww2 vets talk about how aircraft scared the s*** out of them?

like the mod btw
Well said ! I despair of so called war sims that tone this aspect of war gaming down. Nor do I think it morbid or "sick" as some of the politically correct brigade would have it. We are only looking at pixels after all. I'd wager good money that if some of us "hard core" gamers witnessed first hand the aftermath of such a battle as the Falaise pocket or the destruction of the German 6th army etc we would probably not want to look at a war sim again ! Rejoice that we are just mere war 'gamers' !

Last edited by Lancer; 06-02-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

----------------------------------------------------
Original post is updated with a new download link.
----------------------------------------------------

- There is a chance ( f.ex.15% for FG, and up to 40% for any ATG/HE Shell ) that any type of explosion will cause a soldier to be instantly killed and decapitated.
- Corpses has a smaller chance to explode ( to preserve items )
- Better/refined explosions, with more varied effects ( you are welcome to give feedback on that one, imo looks better now... )
- Shots that do havy damage may knock a soldier down for a short time.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

Default Awsome!

dude thats awsome i hope it will be a bit more torso then in the movie not have just limbs but anyway thats still cool without torso reminds me of my favorite ww2 game Wolfenstien muitiplayer wen yo tossed a grenade on floor (the old one not new one) forgot the hole name Return to castle wolfenstien was the name awsome game one of the best

Last edited by Cmdr.Miskyavine; 10-28-2009 at 03:38 AM. Reason: remebered it
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Thanks!

The video is from an older version of the mod, i will make a new video soon. So you can expect better results with the current version. Have fun!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

NEW VIDEO FEATURING EXPLOSIONS WITH LATEST VERSION
Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Nice !

Many thanks CTS for this great mod and your tweaking with it. If only Empire Total War had such modders as yourself ! I despair of grapeshot, cannister and cannon balls leaving the ranks in one piece and that particular game, as good as it is in other departments, is spoilt for me because of this particular lack of realism. Ho Hum I have returned to my beloved MoW and great mods like yours.