Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Mmm, it ended where a normal "have a cup of tea at my place" would have ended too. One of my best flight sim related memories
Joystick calibration gets a new meaning i assume.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Amazingly I once started talking to a girl that was better looking than her about flying out on a club a late night for some weird reason. I realized that she was really interested in flying AND even more flight simulators how amazingly weird it may sound. I have been able to use my IRL flying stories to impress girls with good success but this one wanted to talk simulators more which most girls (like the one in the clip) consider "geek stuff"... So, instead of the usual pick up line after the club closed of "do you want to come home to me for a cup of tea?" (whoever drinks tea at 4 AM?) I asked her if she wanted to come home and fly some Falcon 4 or whatever it may have been back then. And she actually did! (and more )

I've never told anyone else of it actually as none of my other friends share my passion for flight simulators and they would harass me for ages for a pick up line like that. But it worked It really sounds like a lie but I can assure you it's not.
I remember making out that I was extremely into knitting machines once, just so I could get into a young ladies pants, I never did though, but I did walk away with a rather splendid turquoise balaclava.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I remember making out that I was extremely into knitting machines once, just so I could get into a young ladies pants, I never did though, but I did walk away with a rather splendid turquoise balaclava.
I do hope it was similar to this!

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:34 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Amazingly I once started talking to a girl . . .
I stopped believing your story after this point.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

I can't tell you guys how scared I was after she said: "Hi... hi Anvil!"

Almost jumped out of my chair - thought it wasn't a youtube video or something!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
In war and love Many strange stories I've used, but knitting machine is a new one

Mazex
Old 12-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
In war and love Many strange stories I've used, but knitting machine is a new one

Mazex
I wish you'd stop quoting people on my Ignore list but as you have....

sounds like another of his woolly stories and I expect he still wears that balaclava, every time he sits down at the keyboard.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 12-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Amazingly I once started talking to a girl that was better looking than her about flying out on a club a late night for some weird reason. I realized that she was really interested in flying AND even more flight simulators how amazingly weird it may sound. I have been able to use my IRL flying stories to impress girls with good success but this one wanted to talk simulators more which most girls (like the one in the clip) consider "geek stuff"... So, instead of the usual pick up line after the club closed of "do you want to come home to me for a cup of tea?" (whoever drinks tea at 4 AM?) I asked her if she wanted to come home and fly some Falcon 4 or whatever it may have been back then. And she actually did! (and more )

I've never told anyone else of it actually as none of my other friends share my passion for flight simulators and they would harass me for ages for a pick up line like that. But it worked It really sounds like a lie but I can assure you it's not.
Liar! L.I.A.R.!!!

(Pictures of her using your stick in Falcon 4 or it didn't happen!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
He he, I think you have a point there. My wife now (not that sim girl in the story above ) at least understand that I like geek stuff and respect it as a valid interest after some years of campaigning against it as accepted hobbies for grown men...
We are lucky that way my friend.. my mrs often asks "are you going to play with your friends now" when I am off to some online session with the squad... she thinks it's "sweet"
Old 12-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilfolk View Post
i can't tell you guys how scared i was after she said: "hi... Hi anvil!"

almost jumped out of my chair - thought it wasn't a youtube video or something!
lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.