Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

Thats strange.Why would steam send it to your old email if you have put in,and verified your new one?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast View Post
Currently I can not install COD because Steam is not working currently.

When I try to log on to Steam it says Steam detected new PC and code is sent to my e-mail. But this e-mail is old and not accessable anymore. I mailed to support desk, no reaction so far.

Anyone having this experience?
Hopefully you get a response.
If not I suggest you write them again. Stating very clearly that you have no longer got the mail account affiliated with your steam account. you can by no means be contacted by them on that account. Ask that they contact you by telephone or a new e-mail adress. offer to reveal the last 4 numbers of a credit card you might have affiliated with you steam account as a security if needed.(Dont give it just for fun though)

I have had issues before. A freind of mine wanted a game, he was in Finland, I am on Norway, but he had no money then. This was before the "gift of game" I logged into his account and paid for it, logged out and he logged in and DL. They closed his account due to my credit card had been used to buy a game in Norway, the 5 minutes later to a Finnish account.
there was some issues to get it reopened, but they did it after much pressing from me, him and our community. 2 weeks later they applied "gift of game"

Point really being. Keep pushing mate, dont give up and they will finally help you. Downside is that it can take a while before they get it. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Thats strange.Why would steam send it to your old email if you have put in,and verified your new one?
He stated he made a new account after he did not get into his old one. If he makes a new account with a new e-mail, that will not help getting into his other account. IF he has a new machine, or steam sees his machine as new, then he have no way of getting in unless he uses the passcode that is delivered in this case to the emai account he no longer has.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato_larsen View Post
He stated he made a new account after he did not get into his old one. If he makes a new account with a new e-mail, that will not help getting into his other account. IF he has a new machine, or steam sees his machine as new, then he have no way of getting in unless he uses the passcode that is delivered in this case to the emai account he no longer has.
i changed my e-mail on the original account.
On this account i activated the game.
I can not install game on a new Steam account.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

I suppose you will just have to wait until steam get back to you now.
A real shame you did not verify your account when you changed email address.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg52uther View Post
i suppose you will just have to wait until steam get back to you now.
A real shame you did not verify your account when you changed email address.

I changed my e-mail and deleted the old one on my Steam account.

Last edited by Bloblast; 04-06-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

Last time I contaced steam it was about 4 days

Can you not get access to the old email at all?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Last time I contaced steam it was about 4 days

Can you not get access to the old email at all?

4 days, ssh. Old e-mail is gone.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Like a 2nd level of security, this way hacking the steam pw won't let you hijack the whole account.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

I might be wrong, I think the main problem here is that your steam-account is/was registered to an email-account that no longer exists. If you had updated your contact-information BEFORE you installed the game, the case might have been different, and you would most likely have gotten your code.

You also cannot move a Steam-game between accounts as far as I know, which negates the possibility of creating a new account and moving your game to it. Games bought on Steam is locked to the account it was bought with, for obvious reasons. The only way I know of to get a working copy of a Steam-game over to another Steam-account is to purchase that game again with the correct account.

Lastly, unless you already HAVE done so (didn't find a clear answer to this in your previous posts), you should change your contact-info for the Steam-account that you bought the game with so that when Steam-support contacts you, the email ends up in an email-account that you can actually read and respond with.