Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Technical issues

Technical issues Technical problems and solutions

Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

I have a quad core, thought using only one core would work but it still locks up, also I have an 8800 card, I turned my bloom off and it still locks up.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

I had the same problem, and after much internet trawling and scratching of my head, I fixed it. I remembered how I got Mass Effect to run on my PC, and it was by disabling my DVD software. I use power DVD, but it interfered with the game. So i ctrl+alt+del it and closed Pdvd down manually (Also closed down the itunes and ipod programs too, so might have been them instead, although i doubt it). Now there's no more menu/inventory lag and the game is 100x better for it!

Hope this works for everyone else too!
Quintus
Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintus Fontane View Post
I had the same problem, and after much internet trawling and scratching of my head, I fixed it. I remembered how I got Mass Effect to run on my PC, and it was by disabling my DVD software. I use power DVD, but it interfered with the game. So i ctrl+alt+del it and closed Pdvd down manually (Also closed down the itunes and ipod programs too, so might have been them instead, although i doubt it). Now there's no more menu/inventory lag and the game is 100x better for it!

Hope this works for everyone else too!
Quintus
Great job Quintus, if i ever meet you i'll buy you a beer just turned off Power DVD and the game runs perfectly. At last i can play.
Thanks again for taking the trouble to post up a solution to this problem its been driving me nuts.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 AM
Registered Member

You're quite welcome! Puzzles me as to why DVD software can conflict with certain games to such an extent, but meh
Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

it's a game copyright protection issue...yay copyright protection ! does nothing to stop pirating but gives us legit purchasers problems & headaches.....YAY oh YAY !!....

pfft...for the love of Pete.....these days, if we want a game to work properly....it's starting to look like we have to get a pirated one...

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 06-09-2009 at 07:18 PM.