Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
I have a feeling you're not supposed to do Freedom Islands and Merlassar after Demonis. I'm playing on hard with a Soothsayer and Demonis is kicking my butt. Freedom Islands and Merlassar's mobs, at least, seem to be designed for the time you're in Greenwort. It never even occurred to me that those areas were for later.
Well definietly, but they are that weak after finishing Arlania... I'm done with Eastern Islands and now off to Demonis, and it's looking much better, some fights are strong or very strong, but still some weak stacks around.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjazd18 View Post
Well definietly, but they are that weak after finishing Arlania... I'm done with Eastern Islands and now off to Demonis, and it's looking much better, some fights are strong or very strong, but still some weak stacks around.
Aren't you a Level 40 Skald, though? Your leadership is immense compared to the other classes. I mean my Soothsayer and my Skald are only 6 levels apart but my Skald has way more than double my Soothsayer's leadership.

I don't think it's an issue if a Skald is finding much weaker troops. It would be if the other two were, though.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

well it's just a fact that the first island is Overpowered hard
and after that the game just get's easier and easier

so GJ on that 1c!(NOT)
Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post

so GJ on that 1c!(NOT)
all people like play them game on different ways so if people shall play no loss first island is hard but will you have a fun adventure and take all achievements (steam) and get good score in the end you get fun
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post

so GJ on that 1c!(NOT)
On first island : Only 2 heroes you must fight are really hard, and only on impossible. The rest of the creeps are 95% easy to do No-loss, without using exploits and abuse cheap tricks. So I don't think you are right to say "it's a fact" that is overpowered hard. It's not fact, is your opinion.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

I have to agree about the difficulty. I'm up to level 38 now with about 20k leadership. I cleared out the Freedom Isles with EXTREME ease after Greenwort/Arlania/Verlon. Way too easy.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Things started to get interesting after i came to demonis, most of troops there were very strong or deadly, but after demonis (back in arlania), everything is invincible or deadly

BTW can you return to demonis later in the game?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
I have a feeling you're not supposed to do Freedom Islands and Merlassar after Demonis. I'm playing on hard with a Soothsayer and Demonis is kicking my butt. Freedom Islands and Merlassar's mobs, at least, seem to be designed for the time you're in Greenwort. It never even occurred to me that those areas were for later.
How exactly have you managed to do those? I still haven't got a map to get to Freedom Island (I have done Merlassar), and I've already finished the Demonis stuff. Heck, I'm now stuck on Zalnaron - bastard is so OP it's not funny. I'd love to be able to head off somewhere else to get some more levels to actually have a shot at doing this guy, otherwise there's no way I'll get past him without cheating. Seriously, who thought that 2x9400 stacks of Skeleton Archers - not to mention 450 Necromancers + Ghosts, Vampires, Skeletal Dragons, etc - was a realistically doable fight? Hell, just one stack of the archers is 131,600 leadership. I've got 17,144 as a level 42 Soothsayer.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Depends if you want to use piss easy strategy or not, pick rune mages and paladins, then phantom them to ifinity, basicly u can do it with those 2 so 3 others are w/e u want.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
How exactly have you managed to do those? I still haven't got a map to get to Freedom Island (I have done Merlassar), and I've already finished the Demonis stuff. Heck, I'm now stuck on Zalnaron - bastard is so OP it's not funny. I'd love to be able to head off somewhere else to get some more levels to actually have a shot at doing this guy, otherwise there's no way I'll get past him without cheating. Seriously, who thought that 2x9400 stacks of Skeleton Archers - not to mention 450 Necromancers + Ghosts, Vampires, Skeletal Dragons, etc - was a realistically doable fight? Hell, just one stack of the archers is 131,600 leadership. I've got 17,144 as a level 42 Soothsayer.
Geez and other people have been saying the game is way too easy after the first island... that doesn't sound easy at all to me! Is everyone else just using rune mages? .. or maybe your numbers spawned here are just terrible?

It seems the randomness of army-sizes in this game has been messed with far too much, on the first island alone I've seen the same armies range in size from like 1x to 3x (three times the size, roughly) which is just crazy imo. If that continues onto other islands then I can see why some people are struggling and others aren't.