Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
savescumming, as always, can make sure you get the result you want.
I'm sorry, what?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

"savescumming" is the process by which you save before performing an action, and reload if you don't get the result you want. The KB series stores the random number seed in the save file, but all you need to do is cause a random roll to take place, and then you can try your original action again to get the desired outcome.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
"savescumming" is the process by which you save before performing an action, and reload if you don't get the result you want. The KB series stores the random number seed in the save file, but all you need to do is cause a random roll to take place, and then you can try your original action again to get the desired outcome.
Never heard the term before, but I know the process.

I hadn't parsed savescumming as save scumming. I thought save was plural.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Approved Member

lol

Yes, that would definitely change the definition.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

I loled.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

even in AP though you could just buy every single item you saw and use destructor ability and get a ton of crystals?

plus yeah... isn't the recipe one time use anyways?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

AP let you get a lot of crystals/runes. WotN lets you get infinite crystals/runes. There's quite a difference.

Recipes can be used multiple times.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
AP let you get a lot of crystals/runes. WotN lets you get infinite crystals/runes. There's quite a difference.

Recipes can be used multiple times.
Infinite runes and crystals? Damn, that's even more stupid then beating 1000 polar bears with 1 royal snake dude. -.- . And some people bash me hard for saying the game heavily needs fixing and balancing.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Every level 4 recipe costs runes to craft, but they do in fact have the possibility to yield 2 runes when you salvage them. All level 4 recipes costs 16 crystals, 16k gold, 80 mana, and 1 rune, with the exception of Splinter of Darkness which costs one of each rune. So it is theoretically possible to generate infinite runes.
Yes but there is a recipe for Silver Rapier a level two item that costs 4k gold 40 mana and 4 crystals and you can upgrade this item to the Ray of Light a level 4 item and so infinite runes without having to spent any runes at all, now if only I could find the student belt recipe cause I'm fresh out of crystals.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amokay View Post
Yes but there is a recipe for Silver Rapier a level two item that costs 4k gold 40 mana and 4 crystals and you can upgrade this item to the Ray of Light a level 4 item and so infinite runes without having to spent any runes at all, now if only I could find the student belt recipe cause I'm fresh out of crystals.
Oh man, that's even better. Upgradable items means not only do you get infinite runes/crystals, but you get infinite experience too.

Heck, if the money you get from the fight against the keepers is more than 4k, or if you can sell the level 4 item for more than 8k, you actually can repeat the process indefinitely, since that makes up you lost gold!

That's completely insane.