Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

I have also logged a support issue with AMD. The more they are flooded with complaints the more likely they are to fix it.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA_Bludawg View Post
i dont think its the drivers, i think its something in the game code. my son uses crossfire 6870 and i use 5870 and both of us use the same driver install and i have no blue lines when im in game, he doesnt play COD to test his. just a fyi
It's probably driver related because the blue lines only exist on ATI 69xx cards which you don't have!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

ATI rep rushes to the rescue...

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200417227]} has been reviewed and updated.
Response and Service Request History:
Based on the information you have provided, I understand you are getting display corruption when playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover a flight simulation games with RADEON HD 6000 series.
Make sure there is an adequate power supply.
Install the latest motherboard BIOS and motherboard CHIPSET drivers are installed. These are available from the system or motherboard manufacturer’s website.
Please ensure that any (updates/patches/fixes) for the games/applications/operating system have been installed. The (updates/patches/fixes) can be found at the developer’s website. Many times the developer will list the available drivers/updates/patches.
Disable all background programs and services that are not necessary to run Windows.
Please download and install the latest drivers for your video card from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx and then clean install the drivers. For clean install instructions, please visit http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...TIProduct.aspx
If unable to successfully uninstall the ATI Catalyst software using the uninstall feature provided with the software, the following third party utilities may help:
1. DriverCleaner Pro v1.5 (freeware) for 32bit operating systems and
2. DriverSweeper (freeware) for 64bit operating systems no longer supported by 3dguru lolNote! The third party utilities are provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed any AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue

If computer is overclocked try reducing the speed back to the computers default settings to ensure that the overclocked settings are not causing the issue.

Check the system memory (RAM) for errors. Bad memory can cause an assortment of different issues on your computer. If new memory has been recently added, then temporarily remove it to make sure it is not the cause of the issue. This link from Microsoft provides steps on how to test memory modules.
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Check the in-game settings:
Most games have settings that allow control of the resolution and level of detail that is displayed, as well as the quality of the audio. Check the information that came with the game to find out how to use those settings to optimize the game for your computer's hardware.

Empty the Windows temporary folder, follow these steps:
• Click Start, click Run, type %temp% in the Open box, and then click OK.
• On the Edit menu, click Select All.
• On the File menu, click Delete.
• Click Yes when prompted with a message: “Are you sure you want to send these items to the Recycle Bin?”
Restart the computer by using a clean boot procedure:
Note: temporary loss of some services functionality will be experienced when the following steps are applied. Restoring the settings restores the functionality, but may result in the return of the original error message or behavior.
• Click Start, and then click Run.
• Type “Msconfig” (without Quotes)
• Click OK On the General tab.
• Click Selective Startup.
• Under Startup tab, click to clear "Load Startup Items"
• On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
• Click OK, and then click Restart. Test the computer
Disable a file or service using the System Configuration Utility
• Type “Msconfig” (without Quotes), Click OK.
• Click Selective Startup and clear the Load System Services check box.
• Click OK.
• Restart the computer, and see if the problem persists.
If the issue persists, then provide us with the following reports so that we can determine the cause of the issue.
1. Dxdiag report.
Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
Click Start, select Run.
In the Run dialog box, type: dxdiag
Click on “Save All Information..” tab
save the Dxdiag file with your ticket number.
2. Belarc advisor system report.
Please download and run the Belarc advisor system report also
http://www.belarc.com/Programs/advisor.exe
Once the application gives you a report;
go to the top right corner, click on file,
click on save as
change the save as type to: web page, HTML Only (*.htm, *.html)
- change the file name to your name and ticket number.
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.
The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

So basically after explaining at length that is was a HD6XXX series card issue only the buggers only suggestion was to reinstall the drivers lol
Makes a grown man want to cry
Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200417227]} has been reviewed and updated.
Based on the information you have provided, I understand you are getting display corruption when playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover a flight simulation games with RADEON HD 6000 series.
Install the latest motherboard BIOS and motherboard CHIPSET drivers are installed. These are available from the system or motherboard manufacturer’s website.
Please ensure that any (updates/patches/fixes) for the games/applications/operating system have been installed. The (updates/patches/fixes) can be found at the developer’s website. Many times the developer will list the available drivers/updates/patches.
Disable all background programs and services that are not necessary to run Windows.
Please download and install the latest drivers for your video card from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx and then clean install the drivers. For clean install instructions, please visit http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...TIProduct.aspx
If unable to successfully uninstall the ATI Catalyst software using the uninstall feature provided with the software, the following third party utilities may help:
2. DriverSweeper (freeware) for 64bit operating systems no longer supported by 3dguru lolNote! The third party utilities are provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed any AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue

If computer is overclocked try reducing the speed back to the computers default settings to ensure that the overclocked settings are not causing the issue.

Check the system memory (RAM) for errors. Bad memory can cause an assortment of different issues on your computer. If new memory has been recently added, then temporarily remove it to make sure it is not the cause of the issue. This link from Microsoft provides steps on how to test memory modules.

Most games have settings that allow control of the resolution and level of detail that is displayed, as well as the quality of the audio. Check the information that came with the game to find out how to use those settings to optimize the game for your computer's hardware.

• Click Yes when prompted with a message: “Are you sure you want to send these items to the Recycle Bin?”
Note: temporary loss of some services functionality will be experienced when the following steps are applied. Restoring the settings restores the functionality, but may result in the return of the original error message or behavior.
• On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
• Click OK.
If the issue persists, then provide us with the following reports so that we can determine the cause of the issue.
1. Dxdiag report.
Click Start, select Run.
click on save as
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.
The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

So basically after explaining at length that is was a HD6XXX series card issue only the buggers only suggestion was to reinstall the drivers lol
jesus christ what a load of rubbish
Luckerly it might be fixed in next patch
Next patch info
Finally fixed the landscape stripes bug, etc.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

Angry

Quote:

• Click OK.
1. Dxdiag report.
Click Start, select Run.
click on save as
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care

Just really sad... My English language skills fall short to describe what I think about the ATI support department, and maybe that's a good thing...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

This is exactly the response that I got the first time - obviously a type of 'form letter' When I wrote back I provided a more specific description with links to five or six posts here that included screen shots of the issue. I haven't heard back again, perhaps they are feverishly working on resolving it? :hopes:

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
This is exactly the response that I got the first time - obviously a type of 'form letter' When I wrote back I provided a more specific description with links to five or six posts here that included screen shots of the issue. I haven't heard back again, perhaps they are feverishly working on resolving it? :hopes:
I gave them full details even identified the problem as 6xxx card specific and included screenshots.
I doubt they need any more information, I just think they have no solution.
Won't make the mistake of buying AMD again. There is a reason their card are cheaper than nvidia cards...
Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I gave them full details even identified the problem as 6xxx card specific and included screenshots.
I doubt they need any more information, I just think they have no solution.
Won't make the mistake of buying AMD again. There is a reason their card are cheaper than nvidia cards...
Cheaper? It depends where you live.

If I wanted to buy a new card now I would buy 6970 again.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Latest update I have received from AMD, after a prompt as they had been very quiet:

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[**********]} has been reviewed and updated.
This ticket was sent in for testing and our lab results have indicated that we were not able to reproduce the problem.
This may suggest that trouble shooting using some type of process of elimination is needed to correct the problem.
Since we were not able to reproduce the issue, you may want to verify with the developer if they had similar results or not.
We have noticed 2 patch updates, and suggest if you have not tried to install them to do so.

Not wanted I wanted to hear, to be honest. And surprising, too. Are there any HD6950 or HD6970 users who don’t experience this problem?

gblair found that he could fix the problem by editing the config file to use DirectX 10.1 instead of 10.0 – when I tried this the frame rate decreased to less than half of what it was, and resulted in some other graphic glitches. Have any others tried this with more success?

I would appreciate any relevant input before I get back to AMD.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Latest update I have received from AMD, after a prompt as they had been very quiet:

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[**********]} has been reviewed and updated.
This ticket was sent in for testing and our lab results have indicated that we were not able to reproduce the problem.
This may suggest that trouble shooting using some type of process of elimination is needed to correct the problem.
Since we were not able to reproduce the issue, you may want to verify with the developer if they had similar results or not.
We have noticed 2 patch updates, and suggest if you have not tried to install them to do so.

Not wanted I wanted to hear, to be honest. And surprising, too. Are there any HD6950 or HD6970 users who don’t experience this problem?

I'm really hating you AMD...stop acting like were all dumb idiots that can't install a patch!
I'm pretty sure almost everyone has the lines..but I have seen a few people say in threads with 69xx cards they don't have them.

It makes no sense that old tech would work fine..while the new cards get the shaft. Oh wait..that's why we don't even have directx11.