Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 04-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

I am having the same problems with the 3 blue lines,the same as W0ef,check out his pic
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=22119&page=3
Old 04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
BlackDog,

I use Cat 11.3 drivers on my 6970 card and it runs at full speed. What drivers are you using?
I also run 11.3 drivers. I think the issue is a bit hit-and-miss, some Ati cards go up to full speed just fine, others stay in "desktop mode" and you get half the FPS
Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Overclock them a little in the performance tab in CCC

Then search for Profiles.xml and open the one in the ATI folder if you have several (for me it is in C:\Users\Meh\Appdata\ATI\ACE) then see next points below copied from http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060 (Check out all suggestions in this forum)

• Disable CATALYST A.I - You must follow instructions below to disable Cat A.I. The slider settings are for enabled only, they've made it harder to disable it but here is how with latest drivers:

* Close down CCC.exe and MOM.exe via Taskmanager
* Navigate to <username> \AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles
* Open Profiles.xml with Notepad
* Alt + F and search for "Catalyst"
* Change Value Enable to Disable for Catalyst A.I
* Save
* Restart

In that file you can also search for the line below and set to enable, so:

<Feature name="ForceHigh3DClocks">
<Property name="ForceHigh3DClocks" value="Enable" />
</Feature>

This should hopefully make em run at full clock if you overclocked them in CCC.

p.s. I use the 11.4 WHQL certified catalyst drivers from guru3d (browse these forums for the link if you feel like upgrading)

Last edited by W0ef; 04-27-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

I just upgraded to 11.4 and the issue still persists. I might try your advice but to be honest i don't want to permanently run with a fully clocked GPU, your solution seems a bit too "permanent" for lack of a better work.
The reason is that my PC stays on for weeks at a time (skype calls to relatives abroad ) so i don't want to increase my power consumption or stress my GPU any more than needed when i'm not running anything demanding.

Thanks for the advice however, i'll be sure to check out your suggestions and the link in more depth.

Apart from using the Ati tray tools from guru3d (which forces the clocks just fine but ends up rebooting my PC after 40 minutes or so of flying,even if i force the fan to go full speed and temps are at 65 degrees maximum), isn't there an easy way to create a game-specific profile that will be compatible with the official drivers?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Well, the last beta patch (check main forum if you havent done so) seems to have changed everything except for the blue lines ( )

Full screen seems to be properly working now so your card should be shifting into higher gear even without my seemingly drastic settings, which gave me no probs so far by the way
Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

I'm also on 11.3 on 2 5770's in Crossfire. I only run CloD with a single card as xfire is a stutterfest atm as we know.

I'm getting the same problem with the clock speeds though, most other intensive games run my clocks to 850, but CloD stays at 400 the entire time. No wonder ATI cards are having trouble if they're only hitting half clock - but I don't get what's doing it, especially if not everyone with these cards is having a problem.

I'm not up for perma-forcing my card/s to maxclock either, this more than anything else is what needs fixing. I also see bars of land going over water or vice versa.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Approved Member

The latest beta patch (April 27th) did it for me, in conjunction with the 11.4 drivers. Now i have true full-screen mode and the GPU increases clock speed on its own.

Longer load times and still not very high FPS but much smoother, ie less FPS fluctuations and stutters. I could get up to almost 60 with the GPU clock constantly at maximum factory settings with the previous beta patch, with this one and no forced clocks it just manages it on its own. I get dips into the low 20s occasionally but overall it runs smooth.

My PC is not too shabby neither cutting edge: i7 920 @ 2.7 Ghz, Ati 4890 1GB and only 3GB of RAM.

I run models, effects and land shadows on high, building detail on low, the rest on medium, Vsync on, grass, roads and shadows on, SSAO off on a 1680x1050 resolution.

Not bad at all i'd say, considering that my RAM usage is hovering around maximum all the time. If i do end up upgrading anything that will be it, another 3GB of triple channel RAM should do the trick.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
The latest beta patch (April 27th) did it for me, in conjunction with the 11.4 drivers. Now i have true full-screen mode and the GPU increases clock speed on its own.
I went and got the 11.4 release from the ATI site (released yesterday) after seeing this, and it did give me an fps boost, in combination with today's beta. It looks to me like I have true fullscreen, but sadly my card still only clocks 400 with CloD running. Ah well every little helps I guess.

Interestingly, after installing 11.4 it reactivated my xfire (I didn't think to check) and the logo displayed in game for the first time. Still stuttery as hell tho.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

S!

A tip from a driver tester. Try Lost Planet DX 10 profile for CrossFire if it helps. So now hopefully we can see support from AMD more And it seems most artifacts are game related, not driver.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

I'll try the 11.4 drivers tonight.

Interestingly, my card (5870) has always clocked to full speed...I have never had a problem there.

The three blue lines were there at first, but since the last patch they have vanished.