Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion737 View Post
Today I found the hint, that 1 GB of VRAM is not enough for 1920*1200 for this sim. After going back to 1280*800 i could fly the first time: fps is now average at 35 and the stutter is almost gone.

if they could fix AA 1280x800 may look a little better but at the moment using a lower res with no AA looks really really bad.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

I do not have the game, yet. I do plan to purchase it when it becomes available in the U.S. And I do want the CD version with the "Gold" or "Classic" or whatever it is called box. Reading all the comments, though, of problems in frame rates, detail issues, and the suggestions of how to fix by getting into the various program files, etc. does cause me to hesitate. I have been stuck with poor performing games and sims like many others and it is a frustrating, to say the least, event. One I don't wish to experience very often. I do think that the Maddox Team is one of the best and for that reason, I still will buy this game. BUT...I am no computer wizard and really do not dare to go into the config or other files to tweak anything. My experiences in doing so never seem to have happy endings. So...since they are working on the fixes right now, and the US version is not due out until April 19, does it seem logical to expect that many of these problems will be fixed by then and it will be "safe" to buy it then?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Since I gave up any hope of flying at resolutions 3072x and with three monitors without SLI support
I tried easier settings: Window mode 800x600 (my game does not allow for window 1024x768,
if anybody can give me a tip on how to fix this I would be eternaly gratefull (conf.ini change to 1024x768 end with a black screen))
=> SOLVED! I had to change the resolution of my desktop to 3840x1024 and then, in the game,
I was offered the option of windowed 1024x768

It looks like a very playable game on WinXP and DX9

unlimited fps (422fps)

Graphics are still amazing

Inside the cockpit constant 130fps

The sun effects are magnificent, when the sun hits the
front window you are completely blind (here sun is on the side)

These are my settings

This is good enough for me, especialy if I manage to get it 1024x768
while waiting for the SLI to be ready.

Excellent game, one step ahead of IL2FB and I am sure we will spend years of discussions with it!
...and 000s of dollars on new graphics cards as we go...

Last edited by 335th_GRAthos; 04-01-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: ad more info
Old 04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Sadly i cant play the game at all, i have misplaced and corrupted textures everywhere, its a total dogs dinner. its a real shame as the game looks brilliant but for these technical issues. I do accept that win xp and dx9 may be to blame, as the problems i have seen to only be suffered by people on xp. i would like to get win 7 but am unsure if the game is supported on win 7 64bit

Current specs:
Win Xp Mce SP2
AMD Athlon X2 7750 BE @ 2.7 Ghz
3.25Gb (4Gb installed, thanks win xp) DDR2 800Mhz
GTX 460
Old 04-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

It would be very helpful if people that CAN play this game would mention how much RAM their gfx card has. It seems 1GB is not enough?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

My specs are below,I can play it quite nicely on my 4850 1 GB card. Yes,I have fps drops, but it is in no way unplayable.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion737 View Post
Yesterday the sim was unplayable for me. I tried everything with all settings at very low. My fps were between 1 and 22 with additional stuttering.

Today I found the hint, that 1 GB of VRAM is not enough for 1920*1200 for this sim. After going back to 1280*800 i could fly the first time: fps is now average at 35 and the stutter is almost gone.

So that is the major point everybody with "unplayable" conditions should check IMHO.
I agree...turning down the resolution would be one of the first things I try. Personally I still get high quality graphics in other games when the resolution is lowered if I turn up AA and AF.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
This is a performance related thread, its not the playground thread for naughty little tarts, go and pull someone else's pigtails you muppet.

Well, the fact that u didnt mention ANY settings in your "observation" tells me that u in fact aint interested in fixing whatever problem u might have. Your just interested in taking another dump and saying "i told u so"...even when your wrong.

Big surprise there

Im getting an average of 35 fps in 6 vs 6 DF with a "lesser" machine than yours with everything on medium, not that it would intrest u. So clearly u are doing something wrong.

Last edited by Baron; 04-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Unplayable here too at lowest settings.

I don't really think that playing in a tiny window on the middle of your desktop is a reasonable solution.

Anyway my new GFX card is arriving soon so I hope to have better luck.

Current system: Q6600 @ 2.6Ghz, 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz, GTS 8800 512Mb - New card is a HD 5870 1Gb so I hope to at least be able to play the game at low/med settings.

/me crosses fingers..
Old 04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Well, the fact that u didnt mention ANY settings in your "observation" tells me that u in fact aint interested in fixing whatever problem u might have. Your just interested in taking another dump and saying "i told u so"...even when your wrong.

Big surprise there

Im getting an average of 35 fps in 6 vs 6 DF with a "lesser" machine than yours with everything on medium, not that it would intrest u. So clearly u are doing something wrong.
I know tree is the last person to trust/care about for the vast majority of you what he is saying is true. There are major performance issues with certain cards and processors, I seem to have both with the i7 and a 4870x2. I get low fps no matter what detail settings I choose or what config file adjustments I make.
Closed Thread