Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Downloaded here as well, let's see if there won't be some good movies in this! Thank you so much for your HUGE work! I hope it will inspire others.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Hi is possible to have all two campingn_gb ? and if it is possible how I can to do it ?

Bye Ivo

My Pc:
Vista 32 bit
Asus P5E3
intel core 2 quad Q 6600 2,40 Ghz.
Ati 5770
memory DDR3 4 GB.
HD 250 GB
Sound Blaster
Old 12-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

It was a long night to 2 a.m. but I made a campaign to mission 10 before dying. Luftwaffe fighter AI is quite good I can say! By this mission I had 9 kills and moved from Tangmere to Manston, Hurricane to Spit and this was in my first big intercept on a raid. Very much chaos. I was trying to fight 109s as ordered, and flew under the bombers when an unlucky shot from a bomber got me a pilot kill and I was dead. Grrrrrr.

Now I must start over (I am play dedisded)

But that is OK, it is such a cool campaign I don't mind!

BTW I have never been so scared in this sim as when I had to fly from Tangmere to Manston...it took an hour nearly...we got jumped...after that I was always looking over my shoulder and the surprises were not finished! I don't want to spoilt the rest but after that mission I needed a whiskey!!!!

Last edited by planespotter; 12-01-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo View Post
Hi is possible to have all two campingn_gb ? and if it is possible how I can to do it ?

Bye Ivo
I think this campaign overwrites your original files, but if you want back, you just have to verify the game in steam and your old campaign is restore.

But also, you could just go into the campaign folder and rename campaign_gb to campaign_bakkup or something.

But if you want to have both campaign in your menu and still able to play, I don't know how. Desastersoft can do it because their games add a menu item for Desastersoft but I don't know how they do it.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

yes it is possible to have both playable at the same time- tho it does involve 'jumping through a few hoops'.

Before installation of this campaign make a copy of your campaign_gb folder in SteamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/parts/bob/mission/campaign/

rename this folder as you wish - for the purposes of example I will use campaign_gb_bakup

You will then have to edit the campaigns.ini file (make a backup first)

[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
campaign_gb_bakup

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_gb_bakup]
folder campaign_gb_bakup
title Cliffs Of Dover-original
image poster.bmp

the bolded parts are the additions. Save this file

You will also have to create a folder with EXACTLY the same name as your 'new' campaigns (campaign_gb_bakup) in
" Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign (you could just repaste the folder you created/renamed in SteamApps.... -and delete the contents.)
when you run the campaign a file called "state" is created which keeps track of where you are in the campaign- if you wish to keep your current progress in original campaign_gb you can copy the state file from the campaign_gb folder in
Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign/campaign_gb

check you can run the campaign "Cliffs Of Dover-original" from the menu.

Only then install this new version.
I do not recommend changing the name of the new version as the 'scoring' is stored in a file written/read from a specific place and this is 'hard wired' into the scripting.

Rather alot of faffing around I'm afraid

Quote:
BTW I have never been so scared in this sim as when I had to fly from Tangmere to Manston...it took an hour nearly...we got jumped...after that I was always looking over my shoulder and the surprises were not finished! I don't want to spoilt the rest but after that mission I needed a whiskey!!!
exactly the effect we hoped to achieve
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Thank I have done now I have two campaigns for GB

Bye Ivo

My Pc:
Vista 32 bit
Asus P5E3
intel core 2 quad Q 6600 2,40 Ghz.
Ati 5770
memory DDR3 4 GB.
HD 250 GB
Sound Blaster
Old 12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

How can I tell if it's installed correctly (using the self installer)?
For example - is there a name/description to the first mission that will tell me?

Flying online as Setback.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
How can I tell if it's installed correctly (using the self installer)?
For example - is there a name/description to the first mission that will tell me?
when you click on the Cliffs of Dover campaign you should see a splash screen on the right with 'REDUX' on it. If you can see this you have the new version installed
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Good campaign like this increase the whole game value. Any chance for a German redux (maybe for Stukas )?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

+1

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5