Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

amazing
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, I think the far side of the trees in the shadows are perfect now. Shadow sides in summer really are that dark when looking from a distance. The sides facing the sun however, are too dark. A tree really isn't much darker in color then the grass surrounding it.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Very nice work Ali,thanks very much for this superb mod.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Ali Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf View Post
Hmm, I think the far side of the trees in the shadows are perfect now. Shadow sides in summer really are that dark when looking from a distance. The sides facing the sun however, are too dark. A tree really isn't much darker in color then the grass surrounding it.
there is no specular level shader for the trees and no self shadowing and no shadowing of nearby adjacent trees. This is why we have to darken the trees in the first place. in theory the trees are correctly designed for when standing proud on there own. but not in forrest groups. shadows hit the ground not the surrounding trees. if the trees had that probable pc crippling effect, Then the trees would look dark anyway without my help.

without shadowing at the very least this can not be. sorry. but please take this request as an example of how far we can go to far with attention to detail. we can never expect that extra detail in fact. much like alot of the requests to have better scenery. its a flightsim, its as good as it'll get for the near future. see the 10 threads about it on the forum lol.

what the tree system requires is strategic placement of varying coloured trees not variation and randomisation accross the whole country. dark trees for forrests, lighter trees for sole standing and slightly darker for small clumps.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
there is no specular level shader for the trees and no self shadowing and no shadowing of nearby adjacent trees. This is why we have to darken the trees in the first place. in theory the trees are correctly designed for when standing proud on there own. but not in forrest groups. shadows hit the ground not the surrounding trees. if the trees had that probable pc crippling effect, Then the trees would look dark anyway without my help.

without shadowing at the very least this can not be. sorry. but please take this request as an example of how far we can go to far with attention to detail. we can never expect that extra detail in fact. much like alot of the requests to have better scenery. its a flightsim, its as good as it'll get for the near future. see the 10 threads about it on the forum lol.

what the tree system requires is strategic placement of varying coloured trees not variation and randomisation accross the whole country. dark trees for forrests, lighter trees for sole standing and slightly darker for small clumps.
*nods* I suppose one has to compromise in this. Maybe this all makes more sense once the ground textures are adjusted a bit as well?
Anyways, always had a huge respect for those taking the effort to improve games for others, so honest respect for the work you do

Last edited by Bewolf; 07-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

funny to see, how a couple of modders show the developers what to do..
Eheim 1250
Toyota Radiator
XP Home 32bit & Win7 64bit
Crucial SSD C300 64GB
TrackIR 3 Pro
Hotas Cougar + 18cm Extension
+Hall Sensors
Old 07-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Good job with the mod, but you might want to include the original readme for the dll and mention who made it instead of claiming it your own work.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

calm down, mate, he hasn't claimed anything. kegetys' dll was only introduced as there were still people not knowing how to use a mod, to help them.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuristi View Post
Good job with the mod, but you might want to include the original readme for the dll and mention who made it instead of claiming it your own work.
If you take time out to read all the posts Ali mentions the original author of the dll in post 5.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Ali Fish

your probally correct as i did include it. There was no maliciousness on my part by through not including it and i certainly dont claim kegety's files to be work of mine. Anyway the sooner we no longer need kegety's the better. i just felt instead of answering questions id chuck it in there. And just incase i get blamed for a potential ban. Dont use it online.