Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for hijacking and ruining the thread guys.

As for the person who criticized me for pointing out realism, I didn't think my comments were all that unreasonable. I'm simply asking for small textual fixes on things like the encyclopedia........not drastic gameplay changes.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomIIF4 View Post
Thanks for hijacking and ruining the thread guys.

As for the person who criticized me for pointing out realism, I didn't think my comments were all that unreasonable. I'm simply asking for small textual fixes on things like the encyclopedia........not drastic gameplay changes.
I agree with you totally, This could be so simple for the developers to fix. But at the moment they might not even be aware of the P-51B error. I havn't unlocked the P-51B yet (gotta stop playing multiplayer) so I don't know how it's fire power seems.

Can it blow things out of the sky easily?
If Yes, then it has the 4 20mm cannons and the Name should be corected to just P-51 and the weaponry in the encyclopedia corrected.
If it can't take things down easily then it must have the 4 machineguns and the entire plane model would have to be changed in the patch to make it look like a P-51B. Thats obviously much harder to do. Instead I think the Developers should powerup the machineguns into cannons and make it into a P-51 with the encyclopedia changes I mentioned ubove. Maybe with the added firepower it would have some use online.

I say this again to make it clear. The P-51B visual model in the game IS NOT a P-51B. It IS a P-51 with no letter. They are visualy very different to those of us that know about these things.

You wouldn't expect, say when forza 3 is released to find the developers had acidently given the Ferrari Enzo a V8 sound effect and performance of a Ferrari 360. Car Fans would complain non stop. This P-51B is no different.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 09-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

The most accurate thing to do is call it a Mustang Mk IA outside of the trials aircraft no usaaf p-51 ever used the cannon fit to my knowledge whereas the RAF did use that armament operationally
Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Good point about Forza 3, although the same goes for that game too, you would still get so many ignorant fools saying "who cares just play". Where are the advisors for this game? Pay me 8 bucks an hour and this game has none of these errors at all. Actually don't pay me at all, and it still would have been perfect. There was really no one that played this game through and had enough knowledge and intelligence to say that you can't release the game with this monstrous amount of mistakes.?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomIIF4 View Post
The most accurate thing to do is call it a Mustang Mk IA outside of the trials aircraft no usaaf p-51 ever used the cannon fit to my knowledge whereas the RAF did use that armament operationally
I only found out today that the P-51B in the game IS an RAF plane. As I hadn't done the mission yet I just assumed that it was a USAAF. How stupid to call it by its USAAF name then, my comment in my first post about all Mustangs being called a P-51 is again the case.

Please Developers it should be an easy fix. Your P-51B should without doubt be called a Mustang mk IA and should have 4 20mm cannons.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Please Developers it should be an easy fix. Your P-51B should without doubt be called a Mustang mk IA and should have 4 20mm cannons.
But would you then fly it? the name is the last thing im worying about with the P-51's. Its the lack of speed, acceleration, and stall characteristics.. I would like to see improved before giving it the correct name. now... its just not worthy to call it a p-51 OR mustang... because apart from the 3d model... it has nothing to do with those legendary planes
Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Registered Member

anonther thing i noticed is how the ponyD is so slow and unmanueverable o and i dont care if they made the planes like that for balance the the planes should model their real life counterparts and get reid of the arcade and realistic bs GET REAL AND FLYON SIM
Old 09-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf2supra View Post
anonther thing i noticed is how the ponyD is so slow and unmanueverable o and i dont care if they made the planes like that for balance the the planes should model their real life counterparts and get reid of the arcade and realistic bs GET REAL AND FLYON SIM
Sometimes I wish there was a magic temporary mod button on forums which you could press to delete posts like this, or magically turn it into a readable language.

Also this thread is about the information of planes not being historically correct. The P-51D stats are correct. There are other threads for you to complain about how the "PonyD" flies.