Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 04-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Placement of your AT cannons is critical here...

I find that putting one in the upper left section in the small alley in the bushes and then one on the bottom right long streetway is a good defense.

Also put some soldiers behind the upper right edge of the factory near the columns. If they can AT grenade the first tanks that come in... they all will get stopped in that section.

I find the boilers really hard to secure initially... mine as close to there as you can... AT and AP... most tanks will avoid primary streets mid town and just go rampant through the buildings...

Be sure to spread out your mines everywhere... Heck... get 4 soldiers mining right from the get go...
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Default Victory!

Thanks for the help all. I finally beat it on hard last night! There were 3 essentials:

-Use direct control with infantry to kill tanks with AT grenades. It is critical to position some infantry with AT grenades in kill spots WELL BEFORE the tanks are even close. The 3 tank killzones I used with my infantry was: the raised platform with cylindrical objects in the north to cover both north approaches, the gate in the east (try to kill right in the gateway to slow future tanks), and the buildings beneath the eastern gate to hit the SE tanks that approach.

-Use ALL the mines (AT and AP). Immediately after game starts set as many people as you can to mining. Mines can be found in boxes in the central ammo warehouse. Put AT mines along the roads north and south of the ammo warehouse. Fill the ammo warehouse with AP mines; it will eventually become a central staging zone for enemy infantry.

-When you get the message that the enemy has given you a break, pull everyone back ASAP! Position fixed guns and tanks at the north/south entrance to the train area. Place some infantry with the fixed guns but place the rest of your infantry in between the ammo warehouse and the buildings on right edge of the train area. There they can pick off infantry coming out of the warehouse and the ones trying to overrun your fixed guns to the north/south.

I made it to the "enemy giving you a break message" using only AT grenades to take out tanks. After that retreated everyone back and slowly lost everyone to subsequent waves. In the end barely had a few squads of riflemen left when it finally hit 100% loaded.

This is by far the most brutally difficult RTS mission I have ever played. I'm still trying to decide if that is a good or bad thing; I think good.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

I have not tinkered with the different difficulties...

Essentially what does it do Easy vs Hard mode? Send more units and troops? Alter their stats?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Registered Member

I'm not sure what the difference is.

For comparison:

Hard: attacks start with light tanks, move to 50mm, then finally medium 75mm tanks. Waves start with 1 tank and about 5-10 infantry, then 2 tanks and ~15 infantry, final waves are 4 tanks with about 20-25 infantry. There was usually about 2 - 3 minutes between waves except for at 75% when there was a reprieve of about 4 minutes.

Final Score: 940 enemy infantry killed, 39 enemy vehicles destroyed

Last edited by Daktor; 04-23-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Hmg

There's an HMG in the middle of this map, in a corner surrounded by sandbags. Is there any way to move this HMG out into where the action is?

It seems to be bugged/blocked by the bags - I even tried bringing in the tractor to see if I could hitch it to the back, but to no avail...
Old 05-21-2009, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkkf1970 View Post
There's an HMG in the middle of this map, in a corner surrounded by sandbags. Is there any way to move this HMG out into where the action is?

It seems to be bugged/blocked by the bags - I even tried bringing in the tractor to see if I could hitch it to the back, but to no avail...
MY BAD - initially, there was 1 man on the HMG with 2 on the side. Need 2 men on the HMG before it could be moved.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for all the tips and strats posted here. After 8 or 9 failed attempts on Normal difficulty, I finally completed this level.

The key to beating this mission is definitely: (anti-tank) mines, mines, MINES!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 AM
Registered Member

I can't beat this level

anybody want to email me a saved game starting at the very next part of the mission/level?

I like a good challenge, but once it gets to a certain point, it becomes more frustrating than challenging. I've gotten to the 90-95% completion range, but just can't hold on long enough. It's beyond annoying after the 10th try
Old 05-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Good luck

it's nothing hard. ok it's long but.... nothing hard.
Just put mines (AP&AT0 at 3 points where they can get near to your train. so many that thous germans wont know where is the tanks front or back. put most of cannons at front line. try destroying enemys tanks turrent(but dont destroy tanks engine/hull/tracks) get 1 or 2 troopers in tank and get it way from action and repair(it should help you with defending). so tanks/mines/luck what else you need.... hmmmm.... that should be it. good luck and i hope you will help this
BTW are you doing it on easy? because i do it on easy and it helped for me(its a good tactic)