Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
yeah that would be nice, i never understood why CoD has what looks like frost on the canopy when if anything when flying through a cloud you would get drops of water.
In RoF you get those on your goggles. Very nice effect. I also love the clouds, I wish we had something liek these in CloD:

However, I think it's too early to talk about it as clouds look too much like il2 clouds, so they're surely just placeholders.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

I whish we had the ROF anti-aliasing and ground homogoeneity instead... no flickering/shimmering at all...
Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandalen View Post
Hope we will get the same rain effect the ROF got

I know that you have to be careful when transposing experiences, but based on riding motorcyles in the rain, although its a good looking effect, it doesn't look very realistic to me.

Next time I can get my motorcyle to start up during a shower of rain, I'll put on my flat repro aviation goggles and go for a ride to test it.

(I am a happy ROF owner and flyer by the way!)

Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 05-04-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Please don't go down the "paid for enhancements" road.....
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
BigPickle

+1 i think its a bit of a con.

Refelcted you got a new rig? those screens look stunning!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

They are there...but as far as I'm aware, they're a work in progress, confirmed by 1c. Some features like dynamic clouds, thunder and rain don't work yet.

No CLouds were made long time ago.. actually one of the first thing to be design on a flight sim is the clouds.. after Years of making CloD they should have it .. I 'm amazed of how could so many errors could pass the Beta team testers... It just bug me...

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/

Last edited by GOZR; 05-06-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

All those who love the game and want the support to continue should buy it again.
Some of you have children so sell them and buy lots of copies.
After all, you can always make more children but there will be no more complex WW2 simulators if this fails ~GopherStibble~

LOL your joking right ?

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
yeah that would be nice, i never understood why CoD has what looks like frost on the canopy when if anything when flying through a cloud you would get drops of water.
Wow... lots of good info from non pilot I see.

But for your education, at you go up, the air temps go down, hence you get condensation and frost. Why do you think that you can ice up a plane flying at certain altitude even when conditions are relatively mild at ASL.

Here is a nice exemple of what a plane experiences... when super cold water its it...

Last edited by Zoom2136; 05-15-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

I, for my part, was pretty satisfied when I went from the RAF campaing (total lack of any overcast afair) to the first axis mission. The clouds there looked reasonably good, even in the game's current alpha state; cockpit icing looks good, too and the "thunderstorm" effects were quite convincing when flying right through it.

I've yet to encounter actual rain, darkened sky and so on, however.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Default xx

i really dont understand why they cant give us state of the art dynamic clouds and weather when FS 2004 fsx has them,In FSX they have the spitfire and ME109 with original recorded internal external sounds ,its no big deal no secret so whats wrong with these guys??!! just plain paranoid.This is supposed to be a commercial sim not a lower end payware .If they would distance themselves friom that stupid policy of closed architecture we would have tons of add ons, just take a look at FS.These guys are blind.You cant handle everything.As for real weather ,if you want it as an option go ahead purchase it install it and play you can also switch it off and use the sims dynamic programme.Its a question of phylosophy change up there.