Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

I don't think any units should be replaced, but higher level versions of certain units could be added.

But right now i am a wee bit disconcerted about the main character in the expansion being a woman... Not exactly the fun thing (for me) to roleplay
Old 09-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
I don't think any units should be replaced, but higher level versions of certain units could be added.

But right now i am a wee bit disconcerted about the main character in the expansion being a woman... Not exactly the fun thing (for me) to roleplay
time to get in touch with your feminine side
Old 09-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

So how about a woman playing the original? Not fun to play a male character.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

@Sinava: That is the point, it's not as much fun, i don't possess any desire to expand upon it or anything... I mean i'll probably still get the expansion.. but it won't be nearly as fun as the original because of that singular little thing.

Not really fun for me to Roleplay that.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamm View Post
In addon main hero will be a girl
I'd like to hear that from an official source.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Well, I really don't think about 1C having an expansion set with such level of development right now. It's too soon to talk about that, don't you think?

Actually, playing as a female may be a little weird in a game with such history. I mean, for me, it wouldn't be disgusting that main character in expansion would be a female character, only if that feature improves the gaming experience, you know what I say

About others features that I think it would be good to be improved or added, here is a list (of course, based on what I say in the demo version):

-With units that can cast defensive spells on other friendly units, allow to click directly in the friendly unit to cast the spell, not have to click in the hability and then in the unit (in the case of some units that have 2 defensive spells, like priests, make one of them as a default option).

-Mark in the map screen (not in the mini-map) the position of the enemies.

-The same for the NPCs that brought you a quest.

-Change the colour of the 1C introduction screen (it hurts my eyes!! xD).

Well, as you can see, I say nothing about the units, the heroes, and habilities. This is because I think until we have the full version of the game, we can't imagine how much these parameters would influence in the main campaign of the game.

In fact, the small portion of the game we have seen in the demo is wonderful. The game has all the features a BTS gamer can wish, including an hex-based field of combat (I love them ).
Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Ball buster, the game is already out in Russia, and if you use a translator on the russian kings bounty page you can see they are already talking about the expansion, they've even got some competitions, what for i can't exactly say though

And it is not that i mind any female characters.. i just don't like having forced certain choices on me, it's a bit like trying a demo and then finding that the character is already pre equipped with gear and skills, sure it might be some good things, but you didn't choose them, so the connection isn't exactly that strong and you don't feel so attached or interested. And that is how i feel it would be with a female main character being forced upon me. I'll probably still get the expansion to try it all.. and hopefully any new things might improve the original campaign

But yeah it is a bit hard to say with only the demo, but at the same time, since it is a very good demo there are things we can talk about and suggest improvements on.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin-coin le Canapin View Post
I'd like to hear that from an official source.
russian official forum !!!spoiler!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

On a bright note that also says a new race is coming
Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Well that is a bright note indeed So that is definately some good news.. Although the news i would prefer right now is when the European Release of King's bounty is, as apparently it isn't the 23rd.