Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Falstaff

Luthier said:

Quote:
I’m sure most of you will agree that we have already supported our release more than perhaps any other developer in a similar situation.
No, not agree I'm afraid. One disaster heaped on another.

Perhaps some concessionary truth about the past would earn goodwill for the future. Glossing over things and putting standard-issue spin on the situation helps no-one.

Quote:
Black Six has been doing such a good job managing the forums and interacting with the community that it really allowed me to sit back and just focus on managing the product.
BlackSix has been the fire buffer between the forum and the devs and placed in a very difficult position, and sometimes made to look ridiculous (perhaps through no fault of his own, and nothing to do with his command of English). The answers he has given (or been allowed to give) have been oddly-worded, idiosyncratic, sometimes evasive, sometimes oddly whimsical, sometimes banal, and have often turned out to be factually incorrect.

This is suggests the supply of information to Blacksix has not been thought out very well, if at all. It also suggests a distinct lack of anythign resembling coherent project management.

The number of dissenting voices on here is not high, so I thought they should be adequately represented. In short the reaction to Clod has been awful, not that you would often guess it from this forum in recent months. This is a fact, not a slight against the forum.

Last edited by Falstaff; 09-14-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Thank you, now I know I can safely uninstall Dover.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
The general plan is, after the milestone is submitted and accepted, we return to the now almost-final patch, cram as much as we can into it, and make it our final Cliffs of Dover patch. The next time it will be updated is when you install the sequel over it.
Thanks for clarifying this important point !
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
... ... I’m sure most of you will agree that we have already supported our release more than perhaps any other developer in a similar situation.

No, I do not agree with you.

Regards Varrattu
GeForce GTX 970 4095 MB
Logitech G35 Headset
Logitech G940 Flight System (fw 1.42)
Mad Catz Strike7 Keyboard
Headtracker DIY 6DOF & OpenTrack 2.3.10
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Tree_UK

Black Six or Luthier, are you going to still answer the questions in the Q&A thread or is this it??
Old 09-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

Tree- read a bit closer mate, he said he will be back later
Old 09-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

Sorry. I am german and so i am unsure if i got this right.
Whats correct?

CloD will receive no update from now on until the release of the not even officially announced sequel?
OR
Clod will get its release patch via steam and THEN it will only get a new patch with the release of the sequel?

Winger
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Black Six or Luthier, are you going to still answer the questions in the Q&A thread or is this it??
Luthier will answer in the Q&A thread (or in the new thread) in some hours.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Sorry. I am german and so i am unsure if i got this right.
Whats correct?

CloD will receive no update from now on until the release of the not even officially announced sequel?
OR
Clod will get its release patch via steam and THEN it will only get a new patch with the release of the sequel?

Winger
One patch then sequel
Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Cliffs of Dover is still not the product we are happy with or proud of. Unfortunately, as all businesses we have goals, budgets, profits, losses, expenses, and wages. We have milestones to meet with our future products, and we just cannot miss those.
You forgot a very important part of running a business here Luthier, you missed out the word 'CUSTOMERS'. After selling us this product with no mention of any of the problems that you were fully aware of you should put your CUSTOMERS before anything else. You have failed to do that in my honest opinion, your priority for the last 18 months should have been all hands on deck fixing what you sold us rather than concentrating on your next money making scheme.
Closed Thread