Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermin View Post
It was not developed for lockon. It was actually developed for DX8 game GTA Vice City and can be used for many other DX8 games like Lockon and IL2 in DX8 mode. About the best config settings you can refer to this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=29752.
It looks pretty nice for IL2 and there are a lot of options to test and set them to your own preference. I slightly reduced the effect from the standard-bloom and it really looks quite nice and works very stable.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

It is not AAA B24, it looks like that with this plug-in. It is stable, unfortunately only excellent mode, because of DirectX, this actually works only on sky and as I can see a shadows a little, but in cooperation with perfect terrain in OpenGL it could be like wonder.

Here is my settings if someone wants to try, I have also toned down bloom a little and increase contrast. I have also tried to make reflections works (it is said in the readme that it works for GTA) but no use of that in IL2.

http://files.filefront.com/enbseries.../fileinfo.html
Old 04-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avala View Post
It is not AAA B24, it looks like that with this plug-in. It is stable, unfortunately only excellent mode, because of DirectX, this actually works only on sky and as I can see a shadows a little, but in cooperation with perfect terrain in OpenGL it could be like wonder.

Here is my settings if someone wants to try, I have also toned down bloom a little and increase contrast. I have also tried to make reflections works (it is said in the readme that it works for GTA) but no use of that in IL2.

http://files.filefront.com/enbseries.../fileinfo.html

According to the readme the brightness-setting is very important for the glow. I also switched on the motion-blur and other settings and it really looks quite nice. The textures also look even nicer(smoother, more balanced) than they already do with DirectX.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

It almost looks like a new game in that first pic
Old 04-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

wow that looks amazing, but the link isn't working for me.
I'm ok with DirectX though, 'cause Perfect settings cause my water to turn white in the distance
Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

Avala found this site: http://prideout.net/bloom/index.php

Maybe it could help one of the programmers from Maddox Games (maybe the guy working from time to time on the new core.dlls files) to experiment with the idea. We offer to beta test .
Old 04-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Nice find Zaelu!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Want a complete new IL2? Get this HDR enhancer

Hi yall,

This stuff is for me the greatest news since 1946 came out.

It is just a new game and I can't get enough of flying around with this enhancer.

I had my doubts in the beginning and I didn't want to loose my finetuned OpenGL setting.

Now I can tell you that I don't want to go back.

I use the DirectX 9.0 version posted by Bramski:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=29752&page=14

and it works great!

You have to tune down the bloom effect to 7 and to take advantage of my 8800 GT SLI setting I have all the nvidia effects activated ( if someone wants my settings I can post it, my rig is a quadcore with 8800GT SLI and Windows XP...no Vista crap).

You can't believe how great this works out (almost no FPS loss).

One drawback however: no way to use this on the net. Those bad guys can just hide close to the horizon or in the clouds and you will notice them only once you hang in your chute. But on the other hand who cares!

Thanks for this eyecandy which makes it a whole new IL2 game and much more realistic (great immersion effect).

Try it out guys!

Cheers,

Eckhart
Old 04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

@Eckhart
how have you done this?

There is a ‘d3d9.dll’ in this version. If I leave it in such a way, it is ignored of 1946.

If I rename the file in ‘d3d8’, I get the error message: ‘Direct3DCreate8’ was not found in the DLL ‘d3d8.dll’.

If I put down GL=d3d9.dll in ‘conf.ini’ under [GLPROVIDER], the game does not start any more.