Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Look, I know it sucks to wait, but I"m sure the publisher(s) are doing there best. I dont think an idiot would have brought IL2 to consoles. I have faith in them.

And I'm sure the site will get a lot of attention anyway until trailors are made for XBL.
Hmmm, very smart people brought IL-2 to consoles. But that was Gaijin. Now it is out of their hands and into the publishers hands. What i have seen from the publisher so far has not filled me with confidence.

The only reason i say this is because i think IL-2 deserves to be a huge success. I would hate to see it sell badly just because of poor marketing.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

Personally, I don't like it when games get hyped far in advance. It usually backfires. A game that gets pushed hard about 2-3 months out, that's the sweet spot IMO. I like following the game, but hype too soon gets old. It's nice when a game gets a lot of press and they can give you a release date at the same time instead of sounding like yet another pipe dream game that never comes out. I think IL-2 will do fine, it's a little different when you put out a game that appeals to a more specific crowd.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Hmmm, very smart people brought IL-2 to consoles. But that was Gaijin. Now it is out of their hands and into the publishers hands. What i have seen from the publisher so far has not filled me with confidence.

The only reason i say this is because i think IL-2 deserves to be a huge success. I would hate to see it sell badly just because of poor marketing.
Well, like I said I can't blame you, but I'm sure they've got something coming our way.

But yes, you'd think we would have seen something start by now since Anton said July was possible.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Look, I know it sucks to wait, but I"m sure the publisher(s) are doing there best. I dont think an idiot would have brought IL2 to consoles. I have faith in them.

And I'm sure the site will get a lot of attention anyway until trailors are made for XBL.
What I think he is trying to say is nothing gets the attention it deserves for reasons we don't understand. It seems like marketing is not handled very well on a lot of stuff. Look at Killzone 2 playstation said they were going to market the crap out of it and I only saw one commercial 2 times. They will release it when it is time to sell the game and that is it. We are just going to have to wait.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
let me put it to you this way

will we have to wait until next month?

because that is long
Don't you think you're being a bit demanding? He answered your question, cut the guy some slack. We all want to see the site but obviously it's out of Anton's hands. You'll end up scaring him off these boards at this rate. Was it really necessary to create a new thread for this? Remember, the publishers are 1C and 505 Games, and believe me, their track record with marketing is appalling. Maybe you should drop them an email or something..

Last edited by Buggins; 04-15-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Don't you think you're being a bit demanding? He answered your question, cut the guy some slack. We all want to see the site but obviously it's out of Anton's hands. You'll end up scaring him off these boards at this rate. Was it really necessary to create a new thread for this? Remember, the publishers are 1C and 505 Games, and believe me, their track record with marketing is appalling. Maybe you should drop them an email or something..
I am also wondering why the site hasn't been announced yet since Anton said it was ready.
And yes, I believe Anton is doing his best, but it's apperently not his decision when to announce it and out of his hands unfortunately.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Approved Member

this is totally getting gay , they just need to show it
Old 04-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Well, I'm outta here until the website is up. There's really nothing to talk about around here. As a test, I'm not going to visit this site at all and see if I hear about the game/website through sites like ign. I'm fully expecting to just stumble across the game on the store shelves in 6 months time.

All the best till then.

Last edited by Tomo; 04-17-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Well, I'm outta here until the website is up. There's really nothing to talk about around here. As a test, I'm not going to visit this site at all and see if I hear about the game/website through sites like ign. I'm fully expecting to just stumble across the game on the store shelves in 6 months time.

All the best till then.
I agree, there is nothing to talk about anymore...

Anton please give us some news once in a while. Like, how things are going, etc. Just please to give us something to talk about.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Approved Member

The publisher really needs to put some stuff out. I've seen many people bring up IL2BoP in there forums and talk about how they visit here, but don't post here because there is nothing to post about. This lets us know that others know of this game and are awaiting new information and trailors.
I sure hope the site comes soon. I'm sure it would scratch everyone's itch and would definately be mentioned around in other forums as well and attract much needed attention.