Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post
Weird, that was an easy Mission for me. The hardest one is the this coast mission I am on now. I have roughly 30-40 guys and such, but the enemy is rushing me with like 200. I also have to use Arty to destroy the ships passing by, and their long range arty keeps attacking mine.

It's the very, very frustrating.
I just completed that mission and i was hard but managed this one pretty good. U need flak cannons on the coast to take out the ships(i think u have to shoot down 5 or 6 (transport ships and battle ships). Strange thing is u have to shoot blind. What i had to do is click the binoculars on the objective to spot the ship , and then aim on the pointer lol.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I beat it. I was on the Infantry part of the mission. Though now I hear since I updated, all of my old saves are now useless. Brilliant ******* job guys.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Default What ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post
Todd, just take a break from the Russians, and start one of the other campaigns.
How can you do that ? the other missions wont be playable for me ???only the soviets , I must asume it is because i havent finnished that campain ??
I downloaded this thing from d2d is that why? how do i play as any other army before i finnish the soviet part >????
please inform i am stumped..
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtkllr70 View Post
How can you do that ? the other missions wont be playable for me ???only the soviets , I must asume it is because i havent finnished that campain ??
I downloaded this thing from d2d is that why? how do i play as any other army before i finnish the soviet part >????
please inform i am stumped..
You have to finish the tutorial mission for soviets, then other nations will be opened. The mission is quite easy, don't think there will be any problems, just use Direct control when you get the tank, it really helps!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_munny View Post
I have to agree, this game is often way too hard. But its not only too hard, its unfair also. Now im in the german Scorsching Sands mission and this one is just laughable unfair. Most tanks i have to hit at least 4 times before they start smoking or lose a track while my tanks are easely taken out with one or 2 shots. There is also 1 ******* britisch tank shooting ALL of my tanks with one shot heavely damaged or straight to pieces. I swear i shot this tank about 20 times and missed about half. Still 10 hits and its still alive and not even smoking. Very frustrating and a waist of what could have been a good game.
I think you are going about the game wrong. Most tanks have VERY heavy front armor more so for tank busters.. also heavy tanks move slow and turn slow.. 2 light tanks and destroy 3-4 heavy tanks by flanking them and firing on the run... shoot out one of the tracks... this prevents the tank from turning around and placing heavy armor facing you.. then take out the turret this lets you flank without being fired on... and if you are playing AI they jump out of the tank when turret destroyed... this leaves tank for you to repair and take over the heavy tank...

use direct control the best way to take out the turrets... most times i have all the enemy tanks under my control before the end of mission, unless they have tanks and I have infantry... anyway hope this helps you
Old 05-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoJay-LoED View Post
I think you are going about the game wrong. Most tanks have VERY heavy front armor more so for tank busters.. also heavy tanks move slow and turn slow.. 2 light tanks and destroy 3-4 heavy tanks by flanking them and firing on the run... shoot out one of the tracks... this prevents the tank from turning around and placing heavy armor facing you.. then take out the turret this lets you flank without being fired on... and if you are playing AI they jump out of the tank when turret destroyed... this leaves tank for you to repair and take over the heavy tank...

use direct control the best way to take out the turrets... most times i have all the enemy tanks under my control before the end of mission, unless they have tanks and I have infantry... anyway hope this helps you
Thanks for trying to help but I'm not excatly a noob at these games. I do flank and use DC and yes i can also repair a tank and even fuel it up! My point is, if a tank shows up in front and i shoot it once at the front nothing happens, but if the same thing happen to me and my tank totaly explodes, that makes my pants drop down you know, nothing one can do about that. And this did not happen just once or twice. Same size tank and shells.

But overall its a great game and it still keeps me playing dispite they make the AI cheat sometimes, or buged i dunno.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_munny View Post
Thanks for trying to help but I'm not excatly a noob at these games. I do flank and use DC and yes i can also repair a tank and even fuel it up! My point is, if a tank shows up in front and i shoot it once at the front nothing happens, but if the same thing happen to me and my tank totaly explodes, that makes my pants drop down you know, nothing one can do about that. And this did not happen just once or twice. Same size tank and shells.

But overall its a great game and it still keeps me playing dispite they make the AI cheat sometimes, or buged i dunno.
munny if i can point out
on scorching sands you get Caro M15 Italian LIGHT tanks now these things had such thin armor that its not far fetched for a British crusader MK IV or a
Matilda MK 2 to be able to waste these things there were some of the worst tanks of WWII. in other words you HAVE to get a LUCKY rear shot with a Caro on the back to take out a crusader.
a tip for this mission is just to get 88's and half tracks and have the 6? guys in the half track bum rush the tank trying to AT nade it.
sorry long post
Old 05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

I dunno that much about tanks but then that sux. Its the story of this game, always far outnumbred and have to do with lighter weapons then the enemy. But i finaly finished the german missions now, only the allied missions left

Any hints for the first alied mission? its crawling with enemies again and i must not be seen...
Old 05-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

i used a trainer for that one i &S%^ing hate the stealth missions on this game if i wanted stealth i would play splinter cell
Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilloc93 View Post
i used a trainer for that one i &S%^ing hate the stealth missions on this game if i wanted stealth i would play splinter cell
Ok so there is a working trainer for this game? I tired one but that didn't work. Where can i get it