Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
I think a better solution would be limited ammo types, so you have 200 de wildes, 400 ball, 200 AP, 600 incendiary/tracer.. Just an example.

Then people can still customise, but you'll know that the guy facing you had exactly the same choice to make, that way you could still tweak your ammo belt but you couldn't just load up with 1 type of ammo.

Deciding what would be a fair amount across red and blue might lead to some arguments thou..
if its server set then online wars could use this to determine what ammo is available i.e. if a supply convoy is destroyed you have less of a certain ammo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Type of improvement:

GAME PLAY- Positive Feed back on bomb release

Explanation of proposals:

Upon the release of the bombs play a sound of the bomb releasing (mechanical clunk ) to give pilot feed back that the weapon has been released from the plane

Benefits:
In aircraft like the blenheim there is no feedback to tell you that the the ordinance has left the aircraft.
Such feedback could also be that the aircraft "jumps" or "bumps" up a little because of the weight that is being released!
Good idea!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Without immediate retrimming every payload release should lead to a definite rise of the rate of climb, related to the weight of the released payload.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
Type of improvement:
A key to switch AI on/off for crew-manned aircraft.
Keys for the bombardier to give commands to the AI pilot

Explanation of Proposals:
Actual if a pilot switches to a gunner position and goes back the AI for that station is off and can't be activated again.

In a bomber the player should be able to man any station and leave the other stations to AI control.

In the bombardier station the player should be able to command the AI pilot to make course corrections or to hold steady, a extra gimmick would be sound files for those commands.

Benefits:
Improved playability, realism and immersion
Not in fighters like the 110
Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
Not in fighters like the 110
If Im not total uncorrect I would say the BF110 is a fighter bomber and not a bomber. Robtec is talking about bomber with bombercrew, if I understod his post correct? And I think he have a good point and like the idea.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK View Post
If Im not total uncorrect I would say the BF110 is a fighter bomber and not a bomber. Robtec is talking about bomber with bombercrew, if I understod his post correct? And I think he have a good point and like the idea.
ouch ...nailed !
Old 01-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

The 110 has exactly the same problem actually.
If you switches to your Gunner, the AI is off till then. Happened to me yesterday on Atag. A Hurricane behind me at a clear six and my gunner did not even move his gun not to mention to shoot.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

There are some complains on DM. Could you please remind me what is wrong with it? To me it looks surprisingly detailed and as impressive as cockpit models.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

The DM complaints are regarding to large missing parts on still flying planes, or fuel tank explosions, which are leaving the structure intact, i believe
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
There are some complains on DM. Could you please remind me what is wrong with it? To me it looks surprisingly detailed and as impressive as cockpit models.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=257
I don't know if problem is still in the game of if it has been fixed.
Closed Thread