Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Nothing will change till every onliner reports the problem where it had to be reported from the start of that thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...=23405&page=18

If none of you cared to report the issue properly how the devs learn it influences enough people to be addressed quickly?
"The mirror is not working correctly" (along with 30 other bugs) has higher priority than Steam disconnects now. Thus mirrors will be fixed first and only then the devs will contact Steam to discuss this issue. They have a very small team and have to prioritize.
Ataros you remain positive and i respect that but MG has 10 years of EXP with IL2 and should know by now that multilayer is in the top 5 of MOST IMPORTANT aspects of this game that NEED to run correctly....putting the mirror ahead of Multilayer is absurd.

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
Ataros you remain positive and i respect that but MG has 10 years of EXP with IL2 and should know by now that multilayer is in the top 5 of MOST IMPORTANT aspects of this game that NEED to run correctly....putting the mirror ahead of Multilayer is absurd.

S!
Not if the majority of customers ask for the mirror. If you fly online (i don't yet, just testing things out offline for now) go ahead and vote for the disconnect issue in the relevant thread, or the Ju88 gyrocompass and various other issues with bombers i requested will be next right after the mirror

Quote:
I am thinking it is a maintenance routine by the master server...the master server is asking our servers a question (query) our servers (for what ever reason) our not responding and then the master server does not believe they are still running and logs them off this is the only thing i can think of that would cause a mass disconnect.

S!
That's actually a pretty reasonable estimate.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
putting the mirror ahead of Multilayer is absurd.
This was done by the community, not the devs.

luthier promised more multiplayer stability in the patch but I do not know if they deal with disconnects. They do not have time to play much themselves, only some short tests I think. So they could never experience disconnects themselves.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Not if the majority of customers ask for the mirror. If you fly online (i don't yet, just testing things out offline for now) go ahead and vote for the disconnect issue in the relevant thread, or the Ju88 gyrocompass and various other issues with bombers i requested will be next right after the mirror
I understand BD, but the truth is you CAN play without the mirror but you CANNOT play scripted progressive online wars with servers that are being nuked all the time.

S!
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
This was done by the community, not the devs.

luthier promised more multiplayer stability in the patch but I do not know if they deal with disconnects. They do not have time to play much themselves, only some short tests I think. So they could never experience disconnects themselves.
I like that your positive but now your just making excuses for them...you cant tell me they don't have a spare PC that they can just start a dedicated server let it run till it gets nuked and then contact steam and say "OY! at 17:53 you logged us off...why?".

Whether it was "done by the community " or not i dare say the server crashes will drive alot more people away than a mirror bug.
The Devs should listen but at the same time be more logical about how they priorities issues.

S!
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
you cant tell me they don't have a spare PC that they can just start a dedicated server let it run till it gets nuked and then contact steam and say "OY! at 17:53 you logged us off...why?".
They can find a spare PC I guess but they do not have a so called external IP address to make their server visible to Steam at all because they are put behind a router by an ISP of the office building they rent office space in.

Do not ask me why but this is how things are as far as I know and IIRC. Therefore they do not run any own servers but listen to community feedback instead. It's your choice to demand FM improvements or server disconnects fixed in the first place.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
They can find a spare PC I guess but they do not have a so called external IP address to make their server visible to Steam at all because they are put behind a router by an ISP of the office building they rent office space in.

Do not ask me why but this is how things are as far as I know and IIRC. Therefore they do not run any own servers but listen to community feedback instead. It's your choice to demand FM improvements or server disconnects fixed in the first place.
i know this out of your control and you have nothing todo with it but you do realize exactly how absurd that is right? we are talking about a company that has supposedly been making a flight sim for 6 years and they cant even start there own dedicated server?!?!?...do you have any idea how ridiculous that is?

Demand!... I have to demand that a product i bought work correctly?!
I have to demand that someone at MG fireoff an e-mail to steam with a basic inquiry as to why all the CLoD servers are being logged off at the same time..which of course is them doing it even if it is a bug in our servers THEY are logging us off!

I can ASK for extra features but i will not DEMAND that a core part of this game function correctly...because if i have to start doing that then something is very very wrong...

once again Atoras i know all of this is out of you control.
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Cool down chaps!

At least we should be grateful that Ataros knows so many little details so we can better understand what is going on.

Besides, everything will be fixed by tomorrow!
(otherwise I will have to take the dog for a walk and bring the coffee makers to service myself... )

Anyway, let's hope for the best and we will know very soon.

~S~
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

The steam issue can be very simple. Steam just disconnects at some specific time, and dedicated server panics instead of gracefully continuing its work while trying to reconnect to Steam. Maybe this could be easily reproducible by manipulating firewall rules, if they can't afford dedicated server with external IP or can't make a deal with router administrator for forwarding them a few ports. 2 pc behind a router: 1 dedicated server and one client. Kill internet access to dedicated server (or just access to steam), and client will probably get disconnected from server.

By the way, it may be helpful if Steam is launched with "-tcp" parameter, which should improve reliability of connection.

Last edited by ZaltysZ; 06-20-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Ataros I had a strange problem tonight, a few minutes ago from the time of this post.

After playing for a couple of hours at REPKA #3 I went out to try the REPKA #1.

I could see the server in the list, 17/128 players online.

When I tried ot join, I received "timeout" error, many times.

I solved the problem by using "Direct Connection" but, it was strange.

EDIT: and few minutes later, my Launcher.exe crashed and I was out...
and got in again (direct connect)
EDIT #2: and much later, the server kicked everybody and was gone from the list

~S~

Last edited by 335th_GRAthos; 06-24-2011 at 11:27 PM.