Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuPPeRz View Post
Once you get to this quest you will realize that as a Paladin or Warrior, your units are cut in 1/2 for various reasons that Commander Nerold will explain to you.

Sooner or later you will also realize that going back in forth for your favorite units, or units that you lose that are getting bonuses from equipped items can be a real pain in the ass, and will cause a boredom to this game at various points ( even though you will only be bored for the run back ).

Using the reserve 2/2 will allow you to hold 2 more units that do not participate in battle until you swap them out with another unit. Usually it's wise to replace with a unit that is extremely low in numbers or has fallen in battle.

Simple as this: While doing this quest, whatever units you have in reserve will not be cut in 1/2, and will continue to stay as they are when you pull them from reserve after entering. Make sure it is a somewhat strong unit that is maxed out and preferably receiving bonuses from a majority of the equipped items. Using the Spirit "Lina" in this quest can be very useful for 1 of 2 reasons...

1: Gizmo is extremely useful for the Damage it gives, and for the 0 it receives.

2. Ice Thorns: Isolating 1/2 of the melee units can make it easier for all your units to rotate on one side, usually the upper 1/2 of the grid on their side, so that way you won't have to worry about not being able to counter-attack units or focusing on other units rather than archers. ( THIS TACTIC CAN BE USED FOR JUST ABOUT ANY BATTLE, USING IT IN THIS ONE IS A MUST AT A LOW LEVEL)

I hope this helps.
Doesn't seem to be anything new... Besides, there are tonnes of overpowered strategies that can let you finish this in a breeze anyway.........
Old 11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

You can just wait until you have enough artifacts to raise your intellect to 15.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Yup, I came back from Kordar once I hit 15 and just plowed through the quest, I don't see why anyone should bother doing quests that are too taxing for them at any one level, the rewards are not that great.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Or you can just dodge the enemy armies and activate the 3 things without fighting. Just press space, click, space, click and with lots of quick saves and loads and lot of patience it can be done.

I've done this and completed the quest at level 5 on Hard.

But now i am a little worried couse it seams i cannot enter that area again and defeat those armies. I am much stronger now and want to defeat those armies but i cannot enter.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, you can only enter once. Which is why I decided to get the xp rather than evade, even if it's a good bonus early on.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

Worried that the quest was far, far harder than it really was, I avoided it completely. Once I hit lvl 20, I was on business out there and decided to finally tackle the quest. I mopped the floor with those, now puny enemy armies and realized..I am my greatest enemy, since I deprived myself of those couple fun battles, now useless because I was so overpowered when I finally completed the quest.
First pass through the game sucks sometimes
Old 12-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

It's a crap reward anyway. Same with the tournament fights you get with Master Richard.

The reward should be an artifact you cant get anywhere else in the game. It was such a let down to recieve something I already had.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Hey, I happen to think the +2 might runes after every fight in the tournament is pretty good, at least if you're a warrior. Runes are always welcome in my book. Moreso than artifacts!