Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Concerning ForceFeedback, there's a long known bug (see here and here) and a workaround.

Description Bug 191:

If player spawns on ground and starts normal, there's force feedback from the control surfaces (aileron, elevator) relative to speed and flight situation (plus force feedback from ground, engine, guns, etc).

If player spawns in mid-air there's force feedback from engine and guns but possibly not from the control surfaces (aileron, elevator).
Steps to reproduce:

Start Computer
Start CloD
Go into Single Player, Quick missions, start any (i.e. "Free Flight - Channel")
Hit "Fly"

Now, there is either force feedback from the control surfaces or ther is not.
(A) If there is no force feedback

Take up speed and make a looping
force feedback from the control surfaces kicks in halfway through it

Force feedback from the control surfaces will then always be present in airspawns, unless:
(B) If there is force feedback

Hit <Esc>
Exit back to Quick Missions
Exit CloD (Main Menu, Exit)
Restart CloD
Go into Single Player, Quick missions, start any (i.e. "Free Flight - Channel")
Hit "Fly"
There's no force feedback from the control surfaces

-------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Hey leit.. How have you been? I feel your pain on the FFB.. I use the same stick you do and so far for me it still comes and goes.. but you will find that it (CoD) is better than it was ... at least to me. I am sure that part of that has more to do with my rig which is much better now but I noticed that even after the last official patch and the last ATAG patch it runs better than it did on the same PC when I initially fired it up after upgrading.. The FFB thing is a downer for me though because it is so inconsistent.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Hey arthursmedley and Bearcat---good to be back with the old crowd! Life has been bleak without flight sims and the good companionship.

I just reinstalled Windows 7 because it was acting squirrelly. I am not sure how much was real game trouble and how much was the op system not working right. Add to this a Rosewill headphone set did not agree with my computer, and KOed every other USB device as well as not working itself.

I see from a lot of posts FF can be troublesome. At times I can get it to kick in by wobbling my stick. The bummer is that FF failure can occur at awkward moments like when you are in a tight bank with a 109 on your tail---wobbling is not an option. I'll do that loop, Artist.

The weird business with the bombers was that they were not arming with bombs---how did I know? I selected the Ju 88 and tried to arm it with external bombs. This worked for awhile and then I ceased to get external or internal bombs. I made presets of various bombers but they stopped working. When your 88 did not have its requested external bombs, you can be fairly certain the problem is that the bombers are not loading bombs. Somebody posted on the Team Fusion site choosing alternate bomb loads is often difficult offline but works all the time online.

As for the CH gear. I tried eliminating all settings for the single throttle before setting up the CH quadrant. Did not work. Also got rid of Anthro. Made no diff. Was easier to just stick with the CH single throttle, CH pedals, and Microsoft FF stick because they all worked (except for FF denial).

I will be interested to see if the reinstall of Windows kicked the gremlins out of Clod. Was odd ROF ran fine except often denying me an external view.

Last edited by leitmotiv; 06-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitmotiv View Post
Hey arthursmedley and Bearcat---good to be back with the old crowd! Life has been bleak without flight sims and the good companionship.

I just reinstalled Windows 7 because it was acting squirrelly. I am not sure how much was real game trouble and how much was the op system not working right. Add to this a Rosewill headphone set did not agree with my computer, and KOed every other USB device as well as not working itself.

I see from a lot of posts FF can be troublesome. At times I can get it to kick in by wobbling my stick. The bummer is that FF failure can occur at awkward moments like when you are in a tight bank with a 109 on your tail---wobbling is not an option. I'll do that loop, Artist.

The weird business with the bombers was that they were not arming with bombs---how did I know? I selected the Ju 88 and tried to arm it with external bombs. This worked for awhile and then I ceased to get external or internal bombs. I made presets of various bombers but they stopped working. When your 88 did not have its requested external bombs, you can be fairly certain the problem is that the bombers are not loading bombs. Somebody posted on the Team Fusion site choosing alternate bomb loads is often difficult offline but works all the time online.

As for the CH gear. I tried eliminating all settings for the single throttle before setting up the CH quadrant. Did not work. Also got rid of Anthro. Made no diff. Was easier to just stick with the CH single throttle, CH pedals, and Microsoft FF stick because they all worked (except for FF denial).

I will be interested to see if the reinstall of Windows kicked the gremlins out of Clod. Was odd ROF ran fine except often denying me an external view.

Load and save the bombs in fmb...use CH software for the quadrant set up, then download it...if I had a FF here I would explain how to get it working

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 06-19-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

I always use the CH Manager. I'll see how everything works after the reinstall. A guy on the Clod Mods forum claimed the trouble is in the code used by 1C for devices in IL-2 and Dover. He came up with a fix. Bit out of my skill sets.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitmotiv View Post

I built a "Channel Stop" (the infamous Blenheim massacre of 1941-42 when they were used to try to interdict Axis shipping in the Channel) mission with Axis tankers with quad 20s, armed fishing boats,...
This mission seems interesting, you can share the .mis file?

Quote:
Blenny would be raring to go. No dice. It bombed the hell out of empty Calais (where is the shipping?!), or any land target, but when I hit release at point-blank range from a fat tanker, nothing happened!
Perhaps using high altitude bombs fuse?

Sokol1
Old 06-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

In the Blenheim I regulary bomb shipping.

My favourate loadout is the "4XGP Bomb, 250lb., MKIV."

If you are bombing from low level make sure you set the fuse to the "No28. IIx Pistol Everready". Remember to set it to 11 seconds or you will have a hard time.

If you are skip bombing get as close to 90 degrees to the side of the ship as posible, otherwise the bombs can (and will) ricochett of the side of the ship.

Against tankers it is not uncommon to get 4 ships out of 4 bombs.

In the Geman bombers, make sure you arm the bombs before dropping them otherwise they will not go off.

If you're into multiplayer get on to ATAG with teamspeak, It's a hoot when you can get a flight of bombers together!

One of my gripes about bombing in CoD is that there is no sound or other indication that it has left the plane when you press the tit.
Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 06-20-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

1. Have you bound the quadrant axis to controls which the aircraft actually uses in game? There are loads of redundant controls. Just try it by binding to roll/pitch/yaw.
2. FFB does come and go, it always goes if you alt+tab to desktop and back. You can 'restore' it with a hi yo-yo since it kicks in again once you've slowed down. OK, it's a silly move for no reason but take the chance to check your 6
Old 07-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugso View Post
Do you have the setting turned off that only enables you to operate two controls at one time? I think it is called anthropomorphic settings, or similar. I mention it because I had problems with controls not responding and gins not firing and thought it was a fault, but turning off this annoying feature did the trick. I haven't flown CoD since last year, but since recently coming across Team Fusion's mod I will give it a go when Have a spare moment. Looks as if we might be able to use the DeviceLink mod too, which would be very helpful.
look for thjis, it essentially models only having two hands and a far less ergonomic lay out. could well cause the control issues you're having.
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

I suspected the Team Fusion mods so I purged 'em and reinstalled D, to no avail. I have done at least half a dozen reinstalls, and have hunted for every D file, and purged them to try to get the cleanest install.