Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 09-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Furio
Do you now if anyone is working or able to work on the graphic dll's
to make use of the newer GPU's

Cheers
Sorry, KG, no.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furio View Post
Saying it with a smile, this speaks a lot about our attitude.

Il2 has a huge number of planes, flyable and AI, with no peer in gaming industry, at least if any reasonable quality and historical accuracy is considered. And we have a huge selection of maps, ships, vehicles, buildings, etc. However, WW2 was fought on such a scale that it will never be possible to have all battlefields, all ground objects, all aircraft types. Never. Simply look at how much time it took to come where we are today, and make a simple projection in the future.
Definitely, IL2 is still the best flight sim experience overall, just because of everything you can do, and everyone that can fly the game.

Just seems there are a lot of MAJOR aircraft not represented well, or even at all, such as the B-17 or B-24. Two aircraft that had such pivotal roles in the war.

But when I look at the list of aircraft to select I can get pretty much every model of the BF-109, FW-190, Spits, and the Zeros.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

HSFX 7.2 adds the B-17, B-24's as well as many other aircraft and features.
Some of the HSFX aircraft are really excellent.
The B-17's are not, sall we say up to DT's standard, but good enough.
Hoping to start modeling new Cockpits for them someday..or year...
too many projects...too little time....
Old 09-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure what limitations there are in terms of quality with the HSFX B-17s or the B-24, but I think people just want to fly a historical bomber, other than the JU-88, He-111, or Japanese ones.

Actually, I thought the new bomber mod (can't remember the actual name) for HSFX is pretty nice. I'm not a bomber guy, but it all worked fine for me when I flew bomber.

I know the developers are Russian, but no B-17, yet you have flyable even the most obscure Russian prototype aircraft that never even flew?
Old 09-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyWhiskey View Post
I know the developers are Russian, but no B-17, yet you have flyable even the most obscure Russian prototype aircraft that never even flew?
DT is very international apparently. It's not a Russian bias, it's what's easier to add to the game. The obscure Russian prototype has only one seat, a few gauges, and a couple of guns; the B-17 has what, seven or eight gunner positions that would have to be modeled? There's an important Russian bomber that's missing from the game too.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm not sure what limitations there are in terms of quality with the HSFX B-17s or the B-24, but I think people just want to fly a historical bomber, other than the JU-88, He-111, or Japanese ones.

Actually, I thought the new bomber mod (can't remember the actual name) for HSFX is pretty nice. I'm not a bomber guy, but it all worked fine for me when I flew bomber.

Just a little more patience, we will get a B-24 with the next patch. And a few other nice things...
Old 09-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

History of the IL-2 development plus the complexities of American bombers is the reason for all of this stuff. If you only jumped into things in the last say 4-5 years then it wouldn't be as obvious why we have some pretty obscure stuff and are missing some key aircraft either as flyable or them being present at all.

IL-2 was an East Front development. Forgotten Battles carried that tradition on. Pacific Fighters was the first real attempt at giving us something from another theatre (although a later Forgotten Battles patch gave us Normandy and a few American and British aircraft to fly). A lot of the extra efforts were done by third party developers - even most of the obscure Russian prototypes were not done by the main development team. Most of those were either done by third party artists who contributed their work. Some of them showed up in IL-2 1946 were done by RRG (a small Russian group that was also working on Cliffs of Dover with Oleg's original team) which contributed most of the work for that project.

And stuff like the Pe-8, SB-2 and IL-4 were all bombers added by third party developers as well. The Pe-8 actually saw fund raising go on to get professional artists to model each of the stations to game engine standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Up Dead View Post
DT is very international apparently. It's not a Russian bias, it's what's easier to add to the game. The obscure Russian prototype has only one seat, a few gauges, and a couple of guns; the B-17 has what, seven or eight gunner positions that would have to be modeled? There's an important Russian bomber that's missing from the game too.
This is pretty much spot on. Weird prototypes like the Bi-1 rocket fighter were both simple to model and done by interested third party. For the American aircraft there were a tone done by third party as well - the P-47, P-63, P-38 and P-40 were all done external to the original developers.

Four engined heavy bombers with multiple stations and complex subsystems and a lot of additional work that goes well above and beyond any single engine fighter. When you guys get your hands on the B-24D you will see just how complex this aircraft is... above and beyond even what the Pe-8 is.

So IL-2 1946 looks like a bit of a jumbled mess of aircraft and it may seem like a waste but it was really that it was a focused product on Eastern Front aircraft only and then later it collected a bunch of other stuff through mostly third party - although Pacific Fighters as a retail product added a bunch as well (although a lot of the content was contracted too).
Old 09-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJG View Post
HSFX 7.2 adds the B-17
The B-17's are not, sall we say up to DT's standard, but good enough.
yeah ...it's because DT Apply some forces for that
But guy from 3rd party canceled that project ...
Old 09-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

People want to fly what they want to fly. As example, some pilots wanted the Ik3. was significant in numbers? No. Was historical relevant? for them yes. So they developed it or pay for it. The same with other planes hapenned the same.

THe B24 If I am correct took 2 years of work. Free work. Lot of planes were added by a pilot with good skills in 3D and the will to do it. Four engined bombers, are a huge amount of work, I remark, free work. Of course I d love to se Fortres flying in il2 skies, but I guess that its nearly imposible at this time.

Bombing smurfs since a long time ago...
Old 09-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECV56_Guevara View Post
THe B24 If I am correct took 2 years of work
wrong... it tooks over 4 year ...