Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasqueradeCry View Post
@ Elwin : While my battle tactics weren't mindlessly rushing I didn't use anything along the lines of sacrifice/magic spring and so on and didn't come across any resurrection scrolls until I got to Kordar
There's no need to use sacrifice/resurrect/magic spring/time back tricks to do the game, those are useful only if you try do a time record.

That said if you have Sacrifice and magic spring that could be a way (not that fun) to save money.

Quote:
All that said, I get the feeling that even if I can get enough money to raise a decent army it'll be too little too late and I would be better off starting from scratch, my lesson learnt.
There's no need to finish the game in less than 100 days. For the first game I finished (not even my first game but the third with two unfinished) I did it in 169 days! Yes plenty travels, but you can do it too, anyway your score won't be that good and there's no need to worry about it.

As Erwin I cannot load your save file, I'm using retail version updated to 1.7.

Forget time and check any quest not done in all previous area, check and do any easier fight not done yet and sell items and scrolls, yes you can sell scrolls in case you didn't quote it. Also for saving troops and in same time learn the game, it's good to replay any battle where you had too heavy lost.

Last edited by Vilk; 05-26-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

I suggest gremlin's castle if u hadnt done it and still want to try finish that game.
If u wanna start from scratch remember basics :
- always explore land first before fighting etting everything what is posssible
- to not loose much use crowd control spells slow,phantom, or target on tank
- you hadnt written what units you have used and what tactics for them so basic most powerfull ones : sprite/lake fairies/dryads with anga's ruby; no retalation unit ( griffon,demon) sent into enemy on the begggining of the fight and timebacked on the end of 2nd round
Old 05-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

The loading problem is probably caused by my game being the Steam release. There's been a lot of fiddling with that by Katauri so it's no great surprise my save is incompatible with your games.

Unfortunately I've been very thorough and there aren't any quests left to do. It's literally the Labyrinth or nothing, or so it seems.
I haven't been through the castle however, so there probably is a chance I could rescue my current game. I'm kind of set on starting over though, I'd rather finish the game in a non-sloppy way.

As for tactics, there is one detail I left out - when I chose to be Warrior I did so because I normally go for magic users and wanted a change. I stubbornly stuck to the idea, for much of the opening part of the game, that I wouldn't cast spells and thought - wrongly - that my choice to be a warrior instead of a mage would make up for that approach. I didn't expect spells to remain crucial to a Warrior, despite there being two other class options better suited for casting.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I didn't expect spells to remain crucial to a Warrior, despite there being two other class options better suited for casting.
If anything spells are more important to a warrior than any of the others, since his are usually weaker and you can only cast once. Making choice and timing more important.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

There's one thing I'd like concrete advice with that should be fairly easy to answer and explain - with your wives, is it generally better to go for children or keep the equipment slots? (and why, of course)
Old 05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There's one thing I'd like concrete advice with that should be fairly easy to answer and explain - with your wives, is it generally better to go for children or keep the equipment slots? (and why, of course)
Items all the way, they tend to give significantly better bonus' than the children, remembering the children are also "randomly generated" ( lol ) my current wife is providing me with:

+1 morale to demons ( sad because I'm not using any at the moment )
+5 attack +50 %vs dragons ( dragon slayer sword )
+5 attack (+10 in the day) -20% defense from demons/undead ( Sword of Light )
+1 speed to flying units/+2 defense ( depending on if I have my dragons with me, sadly my boot finds have been awful )
+5 attack +5 Intellect ( Dead Skull )

Compare that to these: http://www.gamebanshee.com/kingsboun...d/children.php
Old 05-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Ack - Did I miss somethign? I've played the game several times and I nkow about the treasure (based off of treasure maps) but are there also random treasures buried everywhere ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
If you havn't done so already you might want to try treasure hunting. When I first go to a new area I take a boat along the coast and hop onto all the beaches / islands, even if there's seemingly nothing there, and then: Walk a little, hit dig, walk some more, hit dig. The range on digging is pretty big and I've picked up some significant hauls from it. ( I seem to remember a 50k chest somewhere, probably in dead land. )
Old 05-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

There are - everywhere the pillar of light shines there lies a chest. They can be dug up with the spade icon near the mini-map or by pressing D - this element to the game is explained during the tutorial I believe. Did you skip it?

[Edit : Also, I'd like to throw another question out there if I may. What use is there for bonuses to scroll slots? Surely there comes a point where you no longer buy any scrolls as the spells you need are learnt permanently (and above the first level of the spell). As I understand things, you can pick up as many map-found scrolls as you like and the limit only applies to actually buying scrolls - so is it as useless a bonus as it seems to me?]

Last edited by MasqueradeCry; 05-26-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

Scrolls are mostly only useful for warriors since they allow you to cast the first level of a spell at no cost in mana. As a warrior, I always buy every scroll of gift I can find since you never know when you will need more res from your inquisitors. A few other spells are useful at first level too. So you only need to buy scrolls afterwards if they are useful at first level. In other words, the skill is only semi-useful, but since it comes with a bonus to mana as well, it's worth getting.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Answer is easy, take items. I think even creators realized that children are pointless by removing them in sequel