Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I just got to the Islands and the fights got really alot stronger than I expectet. Just liberated the Orc-Castle. Thinking about hiring the catapults and the shamans. But don't know if it is okay to keep my beloved cannoneers then, moral-wise!?!

What I wanted to know: How can you fight this Emenem-boy? He just tells me that I don't know the master "Kr....". Theres no option to fight him. What did I miss?

Thanks.
you have to get the quest from the temple of disease or something. The one where you deliver the gold to.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

If you liberated the orc embassy you can count yourself quite worthy, as this is the possibly hardest fight on freedom islands.

If you refer to Emenem from Marshan Swamps -> yes, you have to talk first with the priest in the same cemetery (the same you delivered the bag of gold), and you chose wise timing, as fighting Emenem is only little bit easier that the Orc Embassy fight - so now is the best time to kick the nocro boy.

Do not worry so much for the morale penalty - the 10% loss on att/def/critical chance can by tripple returned in much greater strategy combinations and unit effectivity... there are plenty great strategies for shamans, catapults may shoot 2 fireballs and then shoot with huge damage ratio, canonners will still remain fast and deadly... morale is good, but not so good... if you will add also goblin shooters -> you will get army of shooters and could so use the shooter bonus artefacts in higher extend (+30% critical chance, +100% attack...) -> what gives you a lot of RAGE at the beginning of all combats... quite much more handy than good morale!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Ahh, thanks. I think I will first look around on the islands a bit before getting back to him.

Yes, the fight got pretty tough. Playing on normal.

These orc veterans and the pesky totems gave me a hard time. My army consisted of Royal Snakes, Bowmen, Guardsmen, Cannoneers and Archmages. Not many of them survived. These Orc-veretans are nasty. Grrr...

I think I will replace the Archmages with Shamans and the Bowmen wit Catapults. Maybe change the Guardsmen/Royal Snakes with Orcs.

Today I will try to explore the islands a bit more, perhaps sinking those pirate ships. If my better half has no other plans, that is.

Last edited by Vendetta; 01-08-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Orc Veterans are quite valued TANK units, used by many till the end of KB tL, found worthy hiring and keeping in army.
But you may keep royal snakes, their attack above one hex + not retaliation and their nice initiative makes them worthy as well...
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

I'd hesitate strongly before ditching bowmen. There is one spell in the game that changes them from useful to awesome - dragon arrows. Each dragon arrow ignores range penalties and armour. The latter is an incredibly useful bonus - trying to kill something with 50 defense? Dragon arrow just punches straight through it. Near the end of the game I found I could take out 5 black dragons with a single stack of archers using dragon arrows.

Archmages on the other hand are a troop I would replace. They really don't do enough damage for their level. They have their special abilities, but all things considered you generally want to use your troops to attack rather than make them perform some kind of trick.

Last edited by Holywhippet; 01-08-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holywhippet View Post
I'd hesitate strongly before ditching bowmen. There is one spell in the game that changes them from useful to awesome - dragon arrows. Each dragon arrow ignores range penalties and armour. The latter is an incredibly useful bonus - trying to kill something with 50 defense? Dragon arrow just punches straight through it. Near the end of the game I found I could take out 5 black dragons with a single stack of archers using dragon arrows.

Archmages on the other hand are a troop I would replace. They really don't do enough damage for their level. They have their special abilities, but all things considered you generally want to use your troops to attack rather than make them perform some kind of trick.
i agree. dragon arrows are simply AWESOME. I use them to take out dragons, orges, and generally, anything tank-like units. I like to use skeleton archers in this case, since as level1, i can have more units, dealing out incredible amounts of damage when casted with dragon arrow ... except I can't find a way to replenish them in combat.

I like to have one 'trick' unit in my lineup. I find shaman much more useful unit than archmage in this respect.