Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl View Post
I just found summon phoenix spell, hope I'll make the right choice which troops to use in Elven lands!
Level 1 phoenix is pretty worthless there. Even level 3 might be too weak. While phoenix can be great on pirate islands it quickly loses usefulness.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

the really weird thing is I found where to hire cyclops only after taking town with demon army and I got phoenix scroll only on dwarven territory's small island :S
chaos spells got to lvl3 like 15min after second screenshot so at least that bit is done
hopefully I'll find some nice mana gear at the Elves soon.. pity phoenix is useless, it was such a strong unit in HOMM V
Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

okay here's a new screenshot, army is crap but I hope hero's a bit better...
playing zone - the great forest (partially cleared)
the regalia really did suck, I didn't notice it wasn't something different than artifact until you mentioned, I still don't even know what regalia means hehe
this one isn't that much improvement magewise but I'll cope with it until I find something better...
runes really became much more common so I got chaos and distortion to 3 and also 1 in higher magic, I got inquisitor skill also since I spent so much on it already, maybe I'll play the game again if I get to finish this one
so, here it is:

Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

not bad

i see u like archer units

keep an eye open for officers batoon wich is an good insigna wich can boost your leadership with 1000+
Old 10-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

I see two of your units on bad morale (the sad faces on the elves and the other unit). This is because of the mix you have I think. I'd ditch either the elves or the canoneers and get another 'beast' unit or another unit of the type you retain.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Throw away cannoneers for second elven archers
Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

thanks for the advice! which unit would you propose specifically? evil beholders were ok but there were few left to hire for example...

latest version, a bit more mana, int and rage (I can finally use the best Reaper ability), second rank of higher magic...
unable to beat necro castle, didn't find anywhere spells like Fire Rain
also, no black or red dragons I could hire, one egg with one dragon means nothing
Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

No place to hire Elven Hunters? Because Dwarfs and Elves don't like each other (morale penalty).
Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Something to be aware next time you play:

Looking your first screenshot, you made a big mistake of leveling Destroyer before even taking 3rd level of Destruction. You should've gone for that even before Archmage talent.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

yes I did, I didn't even understand about upgrading spells since friend told me this was very similar to Heroes and there you don't upgrade spells but whole magic schools when you level up.. if I remember correctly...
I really hope I will be able to finish the game with this character, thankfully I play on normal and not on some harder difficulty

and yes... I can't seem to find elven hunters anywhere!!!

Last edited by splattergirl; 10-24-2008 at 12:06 PM.