Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
gah the russian got a big head start

i have to wait till 20th november:'(

sucks ^^

lorean i assume you aren't russian?

where are u from then?

we could start the impossible run together
^^
I'm here in the US. I'll get the game via Gamer's Gate on the 20th, but really won't have time to play it much till maybe even after December since I just started on a fast-tracked project that would go-live Dec. 30th (I'm an IT consultant).

For KB:TL I relied heavily on the walkthrough I pulled up from the GameFAQs website. If someone does a similar thing for KB:AP, then it would be relatively easy to plot an optimal path route.

We should check first if the score is computed differently though, if it is level, quest, or day-heavy, to see how the highest possible score is achieved.

Don't be bothered by the Russians, it is their game after all. Even in competitive play, it is all in the spirit of fun, and I like how everyone is contributing towards this.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

Worst case scenario, I'll make a guide-like section in the KBAP forum and fill it up from time to time with useful stuff using parts of the russian guide
Old 11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

great

saves some time for me to study it all again ^^

i do hope there is more variation in KB:AP

KB:TL got very boring in the end(hardly finished the game till the end)

only did once

after the dwarven islands hardly any challenges remain:'(
Old 11-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Well, in KBAP the game gets tougher gradually. Still, when you manage to make your army of choice, things get quite easy. However, in some battles the AI may surprise you. A clear example of that happened just now in my game (impossible, with paladin). I cleaned up an area, and suddenly saw I missed something. The enemy is "strong", but since I was doing overpowering enemies all the time now, I wasn't bothered by that. Suddenly I see 5 Black Dragons and 9 Archdemons. Well, I know I can survive them, so I decide to play through the battle. The terrain is favorable (Archdemons and Black Dragons can't get to me in 1 turn), I have resurrection lvl 3, so all I need is to end the battle with casualties from only 1 troop.

So, I start the battle and attack the lvl 5 units that come to me. 1 archdemon down, 1 black dragon down. Since I'm playing a Paladin, and already have +30% damage boost to Priests, Inquisitors and Paladins, I use these units all the time. So the remaining Archdemons strike the Priests, I see a flash "HALF!" (archdemons can now instantly kill half of the troop if their leadership is higher than the troop they attack), and there goes 100 priests. On the next round, they attack the Inquisitors - "HALF!"... Suffice to say I ended the battle with losses from 3 troops and completely annihilated priests (which my pally girl resurrected promptly)... So there is always something that CAN happen that will make you look like an idiot even if you have the strongest army ever
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucazaurus View Post
For test only. To see if is possible.
How the heck did you beat Karador or Haas on level 15, without a Wife?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
I'm here in the US. I'll get the game via Gamer's Gate on the 20th, but really won't have time to play it much till maybe even after December since I just started on a fast-tracked project that would go-live Dec. 30th (I'm an IT consultant).

For KB:TL I relied heavily on the walkthrough I pulled up from the GameFAQs website. If someone does a similar thing for KB:AP, then it would be relatively easy to plot an optimal path route.

We should check first if the score is computed differently though, if it is level, quest, or day-heavy, to see how the highest possible score is achieved.

Don't be bothered by the Russians, it is their game after all. Even in competitive play, it is all in the spirit of fun, and I like how everyone is contributing towards this.

A hungarian friend of mine already wrote a full walkthrough for AP, and I'm helping him complete it (with quests he missed, followers, etc.) I think I will translate the whole into english once I finish the game - I'm on Level 40 now.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 11-09-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

see his topics posted on this forum

i bet he used

vampire bat+invis+poison cloud

for each

which makes the battles laughable i assume ^^
Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

I think that's close to cheating...

Poison cloud was a cheat before patch 1.7 anyway. For me, in some case it attacked enemies 5-6 times inbetween 2 units taking a turn. And a funny thing - if I used Hypnotize with my Evil beholders on units under poison cloud, they too damage before taking their turn, and afterwards I could actually control them (use talents, etc.) as if I'd have cast the regular Hypnotize spell.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

huh how is that possible?

any hypnotised creature (casted by evil beholder) which receives poison or burning damage has the hypnosis effect removed..
Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
see his topics posted on this forum

i bet he used

vampire bat+invis+poison cloud

for each

which makes the battles laughable i assume ^^
You are wrong .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
How the heck did you beat Karador or Haas on level 15, without a Wife?!?
Here is your answer :

Armagheddon spell

duration=0
typedmg=astral
damage=2000-3000
lvl_dmg=7000
prc=0,0,0
burn=0

Like i said . it was for testing only

Last edited by bucazaurus; 11-09-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Oh, sorry. I see.

I might do the same to check all quests for my AP Walkthrough, good idea.

Quote:
huh how is that possible?

any hypnotised creature (casted by evil beholder) which receives poison or burning damage has the hypnosis effect removed..

I also have no idea, but it happened quite a few times in my 1.65 walkthrough. Oh and what's even better... once I hypnotized some dryads to hit enemy Hunters - they charmed them, and I could control the Hunters for 2 rounds.