Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xev View Post
I wish to see the full combat video to believe that this is possible without loss and without any modifying kfs/lua.
Ask and you shall receive. Troll battle 1/1/1 using only stone skin and no mods on Impossible. It is not the full battle because it takes too long but it is enough for you to get the point.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Default Trolls/Jotuns/Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpiya View Post
I may have a solution with 3 trolls + 3 jotuns + 3 giants.
I need to have a 30 round max victory to succeed. Regards to the damages done by 2 or 3 hitting the spider, it is doable, because I have higher magic level3 + Healing lvl3. But for this, I need to find the perfect combat with only 1 move of the spider. I'll try when my daughter is asleep !!
Please tell us when you succeed with this combination. It's great to see another guy who will not give up.
BTW. You got giants? At one of jotun houses?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

Yes, the correct combination is the 3 locations, but, what do you do when the spider moves? Your trolls are stuck... how do they get from one side to the other? It turns into a web fest too.

I used to split up the 3 trolls so no matter where the spider is, at least one troll can hit them, but that takes a while.

Maybe I didn't try hard enough but I just didn't feel the 100+ rounds of combat was worth it for me. (well that was with the Viking/Warrior).

With my Soothsayer, I just figured it wasn't worth it. Took me 24 rounds with losses and that was while using a lot of bears for heavy offense.

Yeah, only way to do it with 3 giants would be if you get lucky with a Call Colossus (which I incidentally did have). Although I wonder if they are really the best choice?

It might be doable if the current game wasn't BROKEN with regards to archdemons NOT getting rage balls even if they score a kill.

Anyway, you'll see what i mean by no loss is not worth it if you try to beat the game.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedonWB View Post
Ask and you shall receive. Troll battle 1/1/1 using only stone skin and no mods on Impossible. It is not the full battle because it takes too long but it is enough for you to get the point.
Tx for the video... But, please, just read the title of my topic.
without Magic Spring.
Can you tell me how a warrior, so who has not got as mana as me Soothsayer, spend 650 MANAS (see image on 1:36, 650 mana spent hahaha).
650 manas gained through MAGIC SPRING. DEF+5 MANA+5 when hit. With this spell, I can assure you, I would not have created a topic here...

Now, my daughter is asleep, spider, it is you and me now !!!

Xev, I had 3 Giants through "Call Colossus" spell I had succeeding in the quest for the zombie woman. But the thing is, I think I'll restart from 17 fights before, and try regularly this spell, and try to have better level 5 unit...
What level 5 unit would be perfect for this fight ? Giant is too slow ! And killing spiders with his jump is stupid because the big spider calls news spiders faster so that the packs are bigger and bigger... faster !
Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

In impossible mode? Not sure how it is possible without magic spring. I think the real question is, why do you care to no loss this part? I assure you, later on it will be MUCH harder to no loss some battles.

Even if you do it with 'loss' you might find it isn't THAT easy either? (with soothsayer) <shrugs>, but at least you won't spend a lot of time waiting for web to expire and hope he doesn't chain web you.

I know that probably isn't the answer you want to hear. And I have done no loss in Armored Princess (killed Ktahu Impossible in 6 rounds no loss ), but honestly, I had a lot more fun once I got over the fact that I didn't have magic spring either as soothsayer and my build wasn't ideal for no lossing the spider.

If you insist, the problem is there is almost NO unit that can hit him without getting retaliated on and dying without sustained stoneskin.

One unit that CAN hit him is Jarl's Sweep attack IF you get a spider adjacent to the spider boss. But the gift spell might be expensive (never used it) and you don't have unlimited runes...

You can also try relying on transmute, but delaying in killing the spider minions is generally better unless you are doing a full blitz army for the reasons you said.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

well since your a mage don't you have transmute?

That gives u +2 mana for every kill u make IIRC

so you don't need a magic spring

as supporting unit I would go for a cyclop if you get it from the scroll

giant is bad slow speed and ini
dragons are also no use since u need to heal them and stuff
archdemon would be ok if it would spawn rage balls(dunno if this is already fixed in a patch)
Ents are not a very good choice either(see giant)
ogre also not very good

cyclops already got high res and can do ranged attack if needed
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

oh and there was another guy(forgot his name)

that used to fill the battle field with ice crystals
( so no spider were spawning anymore and then u can freely kill the boss with ranged or w/e
Old 11-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

@ck : i dont want to discuss why I want no loss, I just want no loss

@razor : then cyclop it is, seems a good choice. Transmute +2 does not work, killing spiders is a real bad idea as they are spawned in bigger packs as soon as they are killed. So I never hit spider, and if I do in the 1st counter attacks, I can kill at the best 15 to 20 units. 20x2 = 40. + my 80 mana this is no 650 mana...

But the spikes idea is just wonderful !!!! I will try it just now and come back, I have the spell !
Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

It won't work with spikes. The boss attack the spikes sometimes then will spawn the spiders.
The spawn spiders are hero-leadership related. I think.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

It is really rare but it indeed happens : the spider attacks the spikes...
My luck is that I have a lot of call of nature scrolls.
Each spike destroyed I summon a small creature. For instance it does not works, but I will find the way, the boss just went 8K HP at the 8th attempt !
THAT is fun