Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 08-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

You are raising my spirits, mate. I would love nothing more than to see the franchise returning to its good old sandbox glory.

I am a huge fan of SPIRIT characters, as they are usually underpowered. The extra leadership NEVER makes up for the spell spamming ability of the mage ( managed to do 1 Black dragon playthrough on KBAP till level 43 (no loss understandably), and I knew I can go further, but I was brought down by travel times, or the brute force of the fighter (so easy, as the skills are so straightforward). I wanna do stuff as the spirit char, so the Demoness will be the char I will pick for my KBDS playthrough. If she can do it - holy crappers, we are so into this one.

EDIT 2: Zhu, whats your steam name? I would love to befriend you on steam, along with anyone else who has a steam account and plays stuff I do. My steam name is he same as in this forum: DG Dobrev. I will never ever refuse a friend on steam, and I would play with you if I can.

BIG EDIT: Here comes a friendly note to 1C, You went MMO strategy, with your game much sooner than necessary. Gain fans and do it. Balance out stuff and do it. This is the way to go. Starcraft 1 (!) did it, because people were looking ahead and were providing options to counter other options. In KB onlline, the balance needs to be spot on. It is not.Take a breather guys, and then you can do it. Making a balanced game means expanding your horizons and thinking out of the box like you never did before. I am sure you can do it. I am all in to help. Now imagine: Impy beats a 4xImpossible plathrough. Wat does this tel you? He devised a new strategy. Imagine how you can beat his strategy, and you will make the next kB online game. As I said before, you did it a tad too soon guys, you really did.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 08-13-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

DGD - I added you on Steam (Captain Suction)

I just had a look around at the game for 20 mins but I won't start playing properly until the official release. I love the idea of being a Demoness character. I noticed that the minimap doesn't seem to be functional at the moment?

EDIT: Whoa, you've played XCOM longer than I have! I think I have 150 hours or so (inc Enemy Within). Some of the hardcore fans of the original game didn't like it but I thought it was fine. Did you play Xenonauts too? I played that for about 40 hours (one complete playthrough) but I'm not much interested in playing it through again, at least not now.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

I wanted to go ahead and buy it, but I am absolutely realizing that I have more games than I can stomach right now. I work like any other normal person does, so I have like 2-3 hours a day max to play something, and looking at the influx of good games... Oh boy, this has been a good year. In my limited playing time I am doing Divinity: OS, XCOM, Space Engineers, along with advancing Mass Effect slowly to check out the story.

I played XCOM the only way I can: Classic/Ironman, and I don't really care if I will win or not. I like games that punish you for bad decisions: KB is one of them too.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

I'm slightly confused about the release date. I thought it was the 14th, as do most of the posters in the thread, but when I looked at the news on Steam, it looks like it's the 19th?
Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiras View Post
I'm slightly confused about the release date. I thought it was the 14th, as do most of the posters in the thread, but when I looked at the news on Steam, it looks like it's the 19th?
Yeah, I was hoping it'd be downloading a big release day patch right now, but I see that they've sneakily altered the release date to the 19th instead. Actually, I'm encouraged by that in a way. I am worried that they'll release a buggy, broken game so a short delay close to release probably indicates that they are scrambling to try to fix as many bugs as possible.

DGD - yeah, Classic Ironman is the way to go. I completed the game at least 2-3 times on this difficulty (including in Enemy Within) and it was the best fun I had with PC gaming in a long time. Those first few missions are brutal though. I reckon I had to restart 10-20 times to get it right. But once you get past the first couple of months, it gets much easier.

Oh, and Thin Men early in the game
Old 08-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Yes, the release date has been changed indeed. No biggie

As for xcom, you are absolutely correct. The game is very punishing at start, and to top it all, in Enemy Within the enemies also got smarter. Fun times
Old 08-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

So I played a full game of DS; and it was fairly good. There were some major quest bugs and frequent crashes but the overall structure was much better than WOTN. Near the end the quests started getting a bit old (a lot of running back and forth and you can't fly on some of the islands that require much back and forth) those would be my critisim but the game is much more RPG than previous games.

Oh one thing that bothered me is a lot of quest would refer to people (go to xyz) but the on map default markers for stores and stuff have building names that did not match up to the person you had to visit so this was also very annoying (as the map is large enough it was quite time consuming in some spots)
-
So while I have my complaints over all I think it is a very good game it is also much harder (even on non impossible) than the previous games.
-
Oh last but least it crash way too much on time back.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Well game seems bug free, haven't seen one crash yet. Not sure if Jealousy rage skill is working as intended, other than that haven't seen anything out of ordinary. What i hope is some balancing is being done. We have 2 rage skill that deal % dmg + halving talent in warrior tree, 15% chance seems like not much but it procs like crazy. Necromancers can hit 7 units at same time, so its like 95% chance that one unit will be halved. Let's face it, impossible only difficulty is size of the opponent army, and with that many percentage dmg abilities i fear for the lack of challenge in mid to late game.

EDIT; jake21 you played on the latest build, or earlier ? I don't have time back to test, saw it in the shop will buy and try it out.

Last edited by zjazd18; 08-14-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Latest build; time back does not crash every time you use it but maybe 1 in 3 if you use it on the same troups 2 or 3 times in the same fight. So if you want to test it just use it on the same stack once every 3 turns or so and it should crash. Crash might also be related on what effects are on the troups you are sending back in time (I mostly used them on stack of thorns). Also when sending something back in time it does not remove effects (wounds, fire, ...) not sure if that is a bug or intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjazd18 View Post
Well game seems bug free, haven't seen one crash yet. Not sure if Jealousy rage skill is working as intended, other than that haven't seen anything out of ordinary. What i hope is some balancing is being done. We have 2 rage skill that deal % dmg + halving talent in warrior tree, 15% chance seems like not much but it procs like crazy. Necromancers can hit 7 units at same time, so its like 95% chance that one unit will be halved. Let's face it, impossible only difficulty is size of the opponent army, and with that many percentage dmg abilities i fear for the lack of challenge in mid to late game.

EDIT; jake21 you played on the latest build, or earlier ? I don't have time back to test, saw it in the shop will buy and try it out.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
So I played a full game of DS; and it was fairly good. There were some major quest bugs and frequent crashes but the overall structure was much better than WOTN. Near the end the quests started getting a bit old (a lot of running back and forth and you can't fly on some of the islands that require much back and forth) those would be my critisim but the game is much more RPG than previous games.

Oh one thing that bothered me is a lot of quest would refer to people (go to xyz) but the on map default markers for stores and stuff have building names that did not match up to the person you had to visit so this was also very annoying (as the map is large enough it was quite time consuming in some spots)
-
So while I have my complaints over all I think it is a very good game it is also much harder (even on non impossible) than the previous games.
-
Oh last but least it crash way too much on time back.
That's encouraging - thanks for the run-down. I've only played for about an hour myself, I figured there's no point starting now this close to release, but I noticed a couple of major problems.

1. No map, or rather there's no maps in the dropdown menu and the world map is all clouded over. Intentional for pre-release?

2. Ability cooldowns not working. I started as the demons and I noticed that a couple of the unit's cooldowns weren't working at all, as in I was able to use them turn after turn even though they said 'Cooldown 4' or whatever. I forget the name of the unit, but one was the new fire sprite thingy that has an area attack all around it.

EDIT: Nevermind on both counts. After yesterday's 12mb patch the cooldown problem has gone away (it was for the Fire Elemental) and I've realised that perhaps there's not supposed to be a map for the initial area, which I guess is a unique area depending on your starting class? I started as the other two classes and they have unique starting locations, which is a new idea for a KB game. But now that I've just entered the Catacombs, the map seems to be working again.

I wonder if this is pretty much complete now, as in, can I start playing, huh, huh? I even got my Clot of Darkness

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 08-15-2014 at 12:35 AM.