Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 09-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

well I'v been playing around and watching some videos and I figured out how to get the panel finder overlayed on an aircraft skin but the letters and numbers are unreadable, any tips for clearing them up?

here's what I did to get the panel finder over ac skin in gimp: first open gimp, open ac skin, open panel finder as new layer, color to alpha, save, but like I said it's unreadable
Old 09-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrc View Post
well I'v been playing around and watching some videos and I figured out how to get the panel finder overlayed on an aircraft skin but the letters and numbers are unreadable, any tips for clearing them up?

here's what I did to get the panel finder over ac skin in gimp: first open gimp, open ac skin, open panel finder as new layer, color to alpha, save, but like I said it's unreadable
Unreadable in the game, or on the jpg? Can you upload a picture?

tip 1: open gimp, open ac skin, open panel finder as new layer, layer mode to multipy, save (jpg quality 100%)

tip 2: no matter how fast your PC, set the texture quality to "Original" in CloD

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
OK, I'm using GIMP, and am also having trouble using this panel finder.
Any detailed instructions from another GIMP user?
EDIT: And will this actually make the panel lines show up in GIMP? That's what I really need. Otherwise lining up markings is damn near impossible!
Instructions? Which number you see on the airplane, you find the same number in the Gimp layer. I don't know what else should say... What is your problem exactly?

Panel lines? No, these are just numbers. As you can see in the jpg . If you need panel line, download it from here:
http://cliffsofdover.fr/skin2.php?re...faut&trie=date

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

I just don't grasp the utility of this tool is all.
Thanks for the link to the panel lines.
EDIT: Wow! The panel line template you linked me to was perfect! Exactly what I was looking for!
Many thanks.

Last edited by CWMV; 09-26-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 AM
Approved Member

here's what it looks like zoomed in, can't read at all zoomed out, I don't see layer mode to multiply in the gimp menu, thanks, Jay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UNREADABLE.jpg (352.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrc View Post
here's what it looks like zoomed in, can't read at all zoomed out, I don't see layer mode to multiply in the gimp menu, thanks, Jay
Ok.

Here is my Gimp. I have no problem with the readability (original size, 500% zoom)

My method:
- Open the skin.jpg
- Open the panelfinder.jpg as new layer
- The panelfinder.jpg on the top (layers list)
- Select it, and set the Layer mode to Multiply (Pic1).

True, the black numbers less visible over the dark areas. You can solve this problem in many ways, the simpliest, if you put a new layer between Skin and numbers, and you paint with a brighter color over the dark areas. The other ways, you can use mask layers or invert the number colors, but these are much complicated ways to solve this issue.