Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Default Neverending irritation!

I've literally just reinstated my UbiShop order for a CE of COD after being delighted by the news about the removal of the epilepsy filter and then I read this thread.
FF shouldn't even be slightly optional as a development task, it should be essential. I even bought a backup MS Sidewinder 2 just in case my 10 year old stick failed whilst running this sim. COD improves some aspects of IL-2 but after 8 years of dev they've also managed to throw away much that made IL-2 great. This needs adding in a patch if COD is to be credible.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27_PapaFly View Post
DAMN!!!!!!! I have a force feedback joystick and absolutely cannot live without the effect! Force feedback is vital in my real-life AND virtual flying. Anyone telling you it's not important is totally bullshitting you. It goes beyond buffeting effects and increasing stick forces. If you've experienced the way a flettner trim tab works in reality and in sims like condor, you certainly don't wanna miss it in what's supposed to be the next best thing in the virtual skies. One more reason for me not to buy CoD.
The same for me! That is not acceptable!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Grr... I really dont want to be negative about a game i haven't even tried yet but no FFB?

Once you hav had FFB there isn't any going back! It adds so much to the immersion and feel of flight (even though its not strictly accurate) and helps you fly closer to the edge of performance. It works in IL2... why not here?

Seriously? A modern flight sim which focuses on realism that doesn't have FFB?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Bah thats a bummer... I was hoping for at least the same FFB as in il2. It was very basical compared to MSFSX and ROF but it was there. I already had come to terms with it not being as sophisticated as above titles but hoping more advanced FFB would be patched in later.

Hopefully the community will step in then... They got us 6dof with trackir or similair. Maybe they can do something about FFB. My concern being though is will we be able to play MP with these customizations....

The game looks absolutely amazing and it will take me a couple of years I think to be able to play everything on max. I'm used to that though with these kinda of games. So hopefully in the future they will give us FFB. I plan to play this game for a long long time. Shame though that its not implemented in the initial release. *fingers crossed*
Old 03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Well I really really hope that Luthier and the team will find some time to implement even the most crude FFB effects (even some buffeting at the stall and stiffening of the forces the faster you fly etc.). I think I´ll be falling away from the sky a lot without FFB. I have MS FFB2 and I can not even think of trying knife-edge stallfights or maneuvers without FFB being there to help me out
Old 03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

We have 6DOF but no FFB? I can live without my track-IR, I won't fly without my FFB!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

We need FFB, It is a must have in a modern simulator like this :I
I think that all of us expects an official reply.
Thanks

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

LOL, no FFB. A game that goes to the Nth degree in eye candy, damage modeling, flight modeling, etc, etc, etc, yet doesn't have FFB. Unbelievable!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

As it was in the old IL2, I have taken it for granted that there would be FFB in COD.
I am a bit suprised. I hope they make it a priority to implement it as soon as possible. Il be happy anyways because it will be amazing with a new game.

thx oleg and ilya
Old 03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schlageter View Post
LOL, no FFB. A game that goes to the Nth degree in eye candy, damage modeling, flight modeling, etc, etc, etc, yet doesn't have FFB. Unbelievable!!!!
Lol I can't make out if you are being sarcastic or not :p For me its definately unbelievable

If you ever flew MSFSX or ROF with FFB you know you your are doing something special. I couldnt get the grin off of my face (still can't) when i'm flying in those sims.