Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

G940 Force feedback > all

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpassa View Post
Until your unit fails/has a problem.

CH hardware almost never fail.
Only negative side is:
CH Pro throttle has almost no resistance.
CH Rudder pedals are small and low resistance.

What i got from reading alot of forums:
G940: overheating issue, hat problem (flimsy?) , throttle die , some part of the throttle causing spike (there is a community fix for that, remove some screw), some problems with the rudder.

Warthog: Alot of throttle's DIE , problem with joystick centre.

Saitek: Pots wear out quick.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royraiden View Post
I've read that the CH pedals have almost no resistance and are too narrow.As for the throttle I like it but its like $50 dollars more.Since you got the pedals, how good is the resistance, and are they wide enough for you?I am a small guy so that might not be a problem, and they are available at the local compusa also.
They do not have a lot of resistance in the pedals and seeing as they are the only pedals I have owned I can not say if they are narrower than the rest. What I will say is that they will not break on you after a lot of use and I have no personal problems with the resistance and narrowness. What I did though is a looked on eBay and got the throttle, pedals and fighterstick for a bargain price of £150 and they were all like brand new because of the build quality. What other joystick setup would you feel comfortable buying second hand?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

In the past 9 years I had to repair my MS FFB2 once, a part had ruptured which resulted in a sloppy feeling. So I bought another that was broken with almost the same defect and used the good part. I love the stick but still I feel the quality isn't what it could have been.

I have two saitek three axis throttles and I concur with the bad quality of the pots. However I used some contact spray and the problems are almost gone. The rest I have compensated with adjusting filtering.

I'm building my own pedals out of heavy wood and car parts and use the internals of the other MS stick for the signals.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
They do not have a lot of resistance in the pedals and seeing as they are the only pedals I have owned I can not say if they are narrower than the rest. What I will say is that they will not break on you after a lot of use and I have no personal problems with the resistance and narrowness. What I did though is a looked on eBay and got the throttle, pedals and fighterstick for a bargain price of £150 and they were all like brand new because of the build quality. What other joystick setup would you feel comfortable buying second hand?
Honestly as far as the joystick,I would not settle for less.Having a imprecise joystick(my current one)I want to get the best if not close to.Right now as other have said the Combat stick is almost the same as the Fighter stick but lacking a hat switch,which to my liking is positioned in a weird spot which I wouldnt use.So I save a few bucks on the Combatstick.I had a chance to play with the X52,while I really liked the throttle I could not say the same for the stick, feels to plasticky and looks to me as it had came out of a space ship lol.I ve checked on ebay and amazon for both used and new but this items are all rare(CH).Theres only like 3 items for the pro throttle and they are almost $100.For that price I would get the ch quadrant without blinking.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpassa View Post
I know how forcefeedback affects the whole experience,thats why I got my current joystick.But it seems that it is a compromise with precision.Until some brand makes a reliable and precise ffb joystick I'll stick with non FFB.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
i have the ch fighterstick now for about one month!i can really recommend it!!!before i bought it,i also asked here in the forum about opinions.it really helped me in making a decision.everything the members here told me about the stick was true.
as i think to know, the combat stick is the same as the fighterstick without the hat switches.the stick is really precise and fits perfect in hand.even after several hours nonstop gaming it still feels comfortable.and the other big plus is, that it really seems to be undestroyable.its built really solid.im really happy with it. for the other devices i cannot tell about, as i dont have them. but i consider to buy the trhottle and pedals from ch, as this company convinced me with its stick.
What I read in reviews seems to be true for the CH stuff.CH sticks seem to be superior than the rest.Thats good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
I have a CH fighterstick,CH pedals,and a Saitek throttle quad!
I cannot fault the fighterstick or pedals (apart for the pedals being narrow) I have had them for years,and they still work and feel like new.
The Saitek throttle quad,while a good concept,feels very flimsy,and one of the levers is malfunctioning,and does not register full movement anymore.
More points for CH

For the guys that have agreed on the narrowness of the CH pedals, are you tall,small?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

I am 5'10 ,and average build.To be honest I find the CH pedals fine to use,but think cramped Bf109 rather than spacious P47!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

There should be fine for me then.Well so far the setup will be:
-Combatstick 568
-CH Rudder Pedals
-???????
I want the CH throttle so bad but damn it so expensive.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

I'm a little over 1.80m and i think the CH pedals are too narrow. That's the main reason why i got the Simpeds.

I think it's a matter of taste if you prefer Saitek pedals or CH pedals.

I never heard of a problem with the CH sticks or throttles though.

Quote:
Warthog: Alot of throttle's DIE , problem with joystick centre.
I know of exactly one dead throttle after the firmware update (and even that one is not really confirmed) and 5-10 before the firmware update. And i visit those Warthog forums alot. That sure is not good for an expensive product like that, but it's not like every throttle dies and you shouldn't buy Warthogs just because of that. I'm convinced it's because of problems with grounding the PC and controller and the Warthog being an (almost) full-metal controller suffers from this problem more noticably then others.

Not sure what you mean with the joystick center problem. It does have a very stiff spring, but that's more a matter of opinion. It could be a bit weaker for me, but then all other (non FFB sticks) were way too weak for me.