Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by |ZUTI| View Post
I am sorry you have such bad experience with MDS. Honestly, I don't recall any issue reports from you. If I missed them, I apologize. :\ I also noticed that you are under the impression that RRR does not work with coops. It should. May I ask on how you tested this? Perhaps I can help.

As for official release, I'm not the one to disclose such things. I hope you understand.
Just
Tested v1.13 in Coop with small RRR bug sometimes forcing unchock spring back ( probally used for carrier re-arming ) otherwise its working ok

Originally
Testing was done at our end for server side compatibility, input was left at "you know where".

For me
As far as bad experiences I have none with MDS except the 90 minute sync one.

Keep up the great work Zuti.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 11-15-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Zuti, I appreciate the personal reply to my original post.

Thank you.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Approved Member

Alpha: the force chock release is there to release chocks in case they "jam". And they usually jam if you fire your guns while chocks are in. In normal circumstances, you'd have to refly. Guns produce "negative" energy so this is the reason you were going backwards after you forcibly removed chocks.

ElAurens: if there is a problem I'm always glad to hear about it so I can investigate. No need to thank me.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by |ZUTI| View Post
I am sorry you have such bad experience with MDS. Honestly, I don't recall any issue reports from you. If I missed them, I apologize. :\ I also noticed that you are under the impression that RRR does not work with coops. It should. May I ask on how you tested this? Perhaps I can help.
I can confirm RRR works well in coop mode, thats the way we (my squad and me) use it most, and I think it's the best way to use it...
Or, we do dogfights but with everybody in at the start, and a (very) limited number of lives per pilot

A good example was a mission were we took off in Bf109s, half of us had an empty load, we had to find a improvised landing field in the middle of the forest and mountains, land, load a bomb and ammo, and attack a train. While armed 109s were covering our asses.
Some of us failed on landing (it was a hard and short one), so they respawned at our first base, where they could only take stukas to go for a completely different mission of bombing tanks in another place...

It was great, nobody was bored because he died in the beginning and that made an awesome mission with not much combat but still a lot of interest !!!

So in these case we don't have 90min sync problems too

Anyway thank you for your mod Zuti, it's one that makes a real awesome advance in gameplay and it's pretty rare ! so keep up, 1.2 features look even better and better !
Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

MDS is ground breaking and a natural evolution,

because it actually completes the IL2 code

joining the two modes (DF / Coop).

It could even evolve to an autonomous system
where the map is actually alive so to speak..
but that's another story ..

At any rate, i never had any kind of problems

with sync and the ability to actually RRR,

has added dramatically to imersion.

Actually ZUTI's work is so important that in my opinion,

MDS should be incorporated also in SOW.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Are there any articles/tutorials that describe the MDS mod and how these differ for the player/mission compared to a standard server experience? I know its partly co-op but thats about it! I went on one and enjoyed it but wasn't completely sure I understood everything that it had to offer.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Smile

S!

ZUTI 's MDS has user documentation at the page "not to be told here"..can just give a tip: UP
Old 11-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

I love the MDS it's about the coolest thing that has been incorporated into IL-2 but there are some instances of odd behavior when you use it compounded by how much stuff you have programmed into it (vehicles, planes etc) I've learned new Mission Building techniques as a result of it but I'd be willing to wait till 4.11 for a bug free version of it in exchange for triggers (aircraft scrambling because you overflew an enemy base). Even as great as some of the user made content is, and the squashing of the idea that it would be bad (mods) it is proving problematic to have so many different groups working in different communities separate from each other and then trying to make all these different things come together after the fact. Perhaps it was the impetus for Oleg allowing DT to continue. I mean there were things the community wanted but for legal reasons couldn't be done by 1C but the community can really just thumb their noses at *cough*Grumman*cough* and not much can be done to stop them. But on the other hand it's not bringing all of it together under one house that's killing it for me and though I might play with it, incompatibility is taking all the fun out of it. I will always have Il-2 installed but SOW is probably going to take a lot of my time over it eventually and I sure hope Oleg takes to heart that all the stuff that has been done to his venerable sim has been like showing some love to an old car that has been restored and repainted and proudly paraded around.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

DT cannot thumb their nose at Grumman, get that notion out of your head. DT makes official add ons and are bound by every legal point that Oleg is.

An attempt was made to unifiy the modding communities. It failed utterly because of all the juvenile inflated egos involved, and a not small amount of Red vs. Blue fanboyism as manifested in heated FM debates that made the Ubizoo look like a kindergarten.

I'm hoping that the subsequent add ons done by DT can suffice on their own, without mods, till SoW comes out.

Then I will gladly close the books on IL2 and never open them again.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
DT cannot thumb their nose at Grumman, get that notion out of your head. DT makes official add ons and are bound by every legal point that Oleg is.

An attempt was made to unifiy the modding communities. It failed utterly because of all the juvenile inflated egos involved, and a not small amount of Red vs. Blue fanboyism as manifested in heated FM debates that made the Ubizoo look like a kindergarten.

I'm hoping that the subsequent add ons done by DT can suffice on their own, without mods, till SoW comes out.

Then I will gladly close the books on IL2 and never open them again.
I was referring to the modding community not DT of course DT would be a target for lawsuits if they tried to do that, but the modding community is everywhere and wouldn't be as easy to do anything to and I completely agree with you there has become a philosophy of cheat to win across all genres of gaming if the MOH beta releases have shown anything. The desire of the modding community to create speculative and pure BS WM and FM just are typical of it. I can see some use for them but how can you really trust it online, I'm all for DT wiping the slate clean and making it all proper again.

Last edited by Krt_Bong; 11-18-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Closed Thread