Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

I use the hat, and I hate wearing hats! The pro clip is fragile, over priced, and wired.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman1945 View Post
+1
Checking the camera tracking..where you see the three green dots..is where it's at.

try all head movements..make sure all dots remain visible + make sure you don't see any spurious light artifacts.

I routinely check this before every session..never have a problem in game.

I do use the active clip..very pleased with it and in the past was happy with the cap reflectors, but having the clip on the headset is a cooler experience.
+1

The clip is more dependable than the reflectors and doesn't suffer from sunlight problems. Just need to spend a little time experimenting or even borrow someone else's profile. Be sure to position the camera in front of the earphone that carries the clip, not in the centre of the monitor.

I have TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software. I do get very slight juddering when I scan around the terrain but that doesn't happen of I keep my head still and watch the terrain as I fly a turn. I guess its a TrackIR resolution or interface problem but its very slight and doesn't really bother me.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders

Last edited by klem; 03-18-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: I can't spell 'front'
Old 03-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

The clip works well for me ,just took Klems advice and moved the sensor in line with my head-phone and clip.Works even better now.Thamks Klem:
Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

I upgraded from TrackIR 3 with hat to TrackIR 5 with clip about three weeks ago and can't stop talking about the improvements.
I have the camera on the left of my monitor, inline with the clip..
Default settings. 24" monitor.
The thing works flawlessly. No jitteriness at all, even when zoomed in on cockpit while I am setting compass, gunsights, etc.

I can't imagine any improvement at this point, except virtual reality glasses or a full blown holodeck...
I must confess, I am saving up for a holodeck tho...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

The clip just has too many wires for me

Hate hats but after a short time I forget I am even wearing it. Until the wife comes in a laughs

Knuckles
Old 03-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Pro clip is a waste of money and it has a cable. Since I was switching to a desktop microphone I'm happy to don't have any cables any more around my head. Just take the cap-clip, it's enough.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
+1

The clip is more dependable than the reflectors and doesn't suffer from sunlight problems. Just need to spend a little time experimenting or even borrow someone else's profile. Be sure to position the camera in front of the earphone that carries the clip, not in the centre of the monitor.

I have TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software. I do get very slight juddering when I scan around the terrain but that doesn't happen of I keep my head still and watch the terrain as I fly a turn. I guess its a TrackIR resolution or interface problem but its very slight and doesn't really bother me.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Pro clip is a waste of money and it has a cable. Since I was switching to a desktop microphone I'm happy to don't have any cables any more around my head. Just take the cap-clip, it's enough.
And Foo'bar you are so wrong

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29028

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
hehe I have a 5.1 sound system, don't want to ruin the sound by wearing headphones.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 Cheese View Post
I always had trouble with the clip,for some reason when i moved my head to the right it kept stopping on me,so i went back to the trusty hat.

Cheese
Same for me, it wasn't reliable. Also, it broke quickly, because of its flimsy construction. Stay with the cap, imo. The clip pro is a waste of money.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

I love my pro clip, I to had the dead zones, but you just need to adjust the camera to the best position to not be blocked by your head when turning, or adjust the movements so you dont need to turn so much.

As for the durability of the clip, I snapped mine to my headset and it stays there, I clipped the wires to the wires on my head set and no problem, I honestly dont know how rough some are being with the clip to break it?