Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 03-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
for invicible army

runemage+paladin+repair droid+guard droid(split the repair droids into 2 stacks)

and u steamroll anything

or runemage+paladin and put in whatever you like(except for level5 unless u use inqi's/soothsayers/demonlogist also(they can revive level 5)

no strategies are needed for those compositions
Yes, but until you get there?

I am earger to hear how anyone gets through the first island no-loss. Even with a Skald, the last boss decimated my army and I had no ways to resurrect...

Eventually I just gave up and accepted losses. Good thing I did - Skalds are even worse then Berserkers or Slingers, they drop like flies in every battle. And for my game, Vestlig had no Warrior Maidens or Soothsayers for sale...

The game is very, very linear, almost to the point of boredom, unlike previous KB games. Whereas in AP/CW on level 10 I have already been to Sheterra and Tekron and can choose between various armies, here the game doesn't let you past various obstacles. Wouldn't be a problem, if the troop selection wasn't abysmal... Only viking units or neutral animals (Bears, Snakes, Wolves) with very few Human and Dwarf units (not enough to fill out the depleted ranks after losses). Not to mention how the randomness is a huge problem - I now have been to 4 Viking-inhabited islands and only found a supply of 12 Warrior Maidens and 30 Soothsayers... Jarl are plentiful, but come on! If I don't get more, this'll be a problem later on.

Oh, and spell selection is small, too. Not to mention that after your exile, you cannot sell scrolls for a while, making buying new ones a problem.

Not to mention the boredom comes from the enemy roster too - almost exclusively Undead + beasts. It's a big problem because Undead are tough and immune to a lot of special skills/spells, and unlike The Legend or Armored Princess that had you only facing low-level Undead (Zombies, Skeletons, Ghosts, Undead Spiders, sometimes Vampires) in the early game, here you run into huge stacks of Black Knights (they are horribly tough) and Necromancers (tough and devastating to your ranks) and Ancient Vampires.

Whoever designed the game really threw the actual campaign together quite poorly. I wager a fan using the campaign editor could have done a better job.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 03-14-2013 at 06:39 AM.