Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Global Moderator

Guns never kill people - it's the biological protoplasm that pulls the trigger.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post

I am very familiar with the use of firearms, and I can tell you about other societies where firearms control was introduced for the "greater good": Nazi Germany, Ceaucescu's Romania, Franco's Spain and many other happy regimes..
I do't know who told you that crap, but not even the Nazis had a hard Firearms Control law (for Pistols and Rifles, full automatic weapons never had been legal in Germany). The first Firearms control came with the Allies in 1945 when ownership was absolutley prohibited and in 1948 when the Federal Rebublic of Germany was founded, the Allied Firearms Policy was taken as Federal law by the new German Government, that was the Deal for getting back limited sovereignty.

The 1938 German Weapons Act
The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." Under the new law:
Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns**, not to long guns or ammunition. Writes Prof. Bernard Harcourt of the University of Chicago, "The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition."
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded.
Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP party members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions.
Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.
The age at which persons could own guns was lowered from 20 to 18.
The firearms carry permit was valid for three years instead of one year.
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or ownership of firearms and ammunition.

Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.
On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, passed Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons.
This regulation effectively deprived all Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.

**= which ment a maximum for owned Handguns except for historical collections)

Last edited by Kongo-Otto; 08-11-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

lol unfortunately it's not the first time I see a monkey with a Glock
Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
I do't know who told you that crap, but not even the Nazis had a Firearms Control law (for Pistols and Rifles, full automatic weapons never had been legal in Germany). The first Firearms control came with the Allies in 1945 when ownership was absolutley prohibited and in 1948 when the Federal Rebublic of Germany was founded, the Allied Firearms Policy was taken as Federal law by the new German Government, that was the Deal for getting back limited sovereignty.
*cough cough*

http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.co...tist/id14.html

sorry, I should have specified that Jews were forbidden from owning and making firearms and ammunition..
Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I am very familiar with the use of firearms, and I can tell you about other societies where firearms control was introduced for the "greater good": Nazi Germany, Ceaucescu's Romania, Franco's Spain and many other happy regimes...
Oh, well played.

Alex Jones much?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Sternjaeger, you are advocating the free(ish) sale of guns in my country. As a concerned citizen I would need some information before deciding. I have a question.

Will the UK's crime rate go up, down or be un-affected by gun ownership?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
*cough cough*

http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.co...tist/id14.html

sorry, I should have specified that Jews were forbidden from owning and making firearms and ammunition..
In that dark days Jewish Germans were forbidden for many more things, even the use of Public Parks.
I was in Auschwitz a few years ago, i think everbody nows the Rooms were the Hair and the suitcases are shown to the public, but there is also a little pot full with Iron Crosses, from jewish German WW1 Veterans. There also is this room with artifical arms and legs, maybe some of them is from jewish ww1 vets.
You get your leg shut off at Verdun, just to end in Auschwitz a few years later. It's just....
Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma View Post
Oh, well played.

Alex Jones much?
who's Alex Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma View Post
Sternjaeger, you are advocating the free(ish) sale of guns in my country. As a concerned citizen I would need some information before deciding. I have a question.

Will the UK's crime rate go up, down or be un-affected by gun ownership?
Lixma, it's already there, you're free to go buy a firearm in your country, provided you can produce a gun license when you buy it. This is what I mean, there is deliberate confusion and disinformation on the matter.

The crime rate won't be affected, since criminals already have a gun. So do hunters, collectors and skeet shooters, but it's not like there's a stand-off everyday, is there? It's about the way licenses are given.

I have a question for you: how many people die of a car accident every year in this country? Shall we ban the use of cars then?

Uh and let me give you another example: you remember the shooting man in Wales not so long ago? The maniac that was driving around and shooting at people from his car? He could have been stopped instead of letting him go on the loose for 3 and a half hours if the police cars behind him had armed police officers in it. Don't you think that if the rest of the world has armed police officers and we don't, and then that kind of stuff happens, maybe it's time to reconsider things?

Last edited by Sternjaeger II; 08-11-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
In that dark days Jewish Germans were forbidden for many more things, even the use of Public Parks.
I was in Auschwitz a few years ago, i think everbody nows the Rooms were the Hair and the suitcases are shown to the public, but there is also a little pot full with Iron Crosses, from jewish German WW1 Veterans. There also is this room with artifical arms and legs, maybe some of them is from jewish ww1 vets.
You get your leg shut off at Verdun, just to end in Auschwitz a few years later. It's just....
...horrible, I know. But this happened also because of gun control. You remember what happened in the Warsaw ghetto when they managed to get their hands on weapons, right?

We look at WW2 and other conflicts with a distant and detached attitude, but the ultimate right to defend yourself should never be taken off you. It's about freedom, and making sure it's respected.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The crime rate won't be affected.
So they aren't much good at preventing crime.

Quote:
Uh and let me give you another example: you remember the shooting man in Wales not so long ago? The maniac that was driving around and shooting at people from his car? He could have been stopped instead of letting him go on the loose for 3 and a half hours if the police cars behind him had armed police officers in it. Don't you think that if the rest of the world has armed police officers and we don't, and then that kind of stuff happens, maybe it's time to reconsider things?
Arming the police and allowing the public access to firearms are separate arguments. I'll let the police decide.