Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
That's right. Give us the SDKs now. This project has been abandoned. That, or we need the modding community to open up the game and start adding in new stuff. I don't like the rof business model. I'd rather purchase the game and have a lot of content than get nickel and dimed for hundreds or dollars.
The team has not finished SDK. The project was canceled before we were able to find the time for this work. Now it is no longer possible.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

How surprising.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
The team has not finished SDK. The project was canceled before we were able to find the time for this work. Now it is no longer possible.
Can you give us any informations what happened to the engine? Does 1C still own the rights? Or is someone else working on it?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Shocker. It's like COD is a battleship going down and it fires one last salvo at it's customers before it's completely under water. Just one more slap in the face. Even with 777 taking over....I feel I just don't want to buy anything if 1C gets a cut of it.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Sorry guys But I don't think anyone will work out those SDK's or tools. The crew that was building the game is out.

The only hope we have is, to happen like it did happen with the old IL-2, some nice hacker with skill break out the code of IL-2, after that point, everyone can start to work that game out. Without tools or source code of the game, it's impossible to touch it. (1C don't take me wrong, I'm not advertising neither suggesting that I will hack 1C products)
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

When IL2 series and CLOD is dead maby mod community could make something with it.

Actually with so many unfnished things and bugs CLOD is not acceptable for me to play. If mod community would improve it like it did with old Il2 1946 there would be a chance to play fairly in CLOD until somethinig new better will come.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
Can you give us any informations what happened to the engine? Does 1C still own the rights? Or is someone else working on it?
AFAIK, the final decision will be announced later. I think nobody will work with this engine.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
AFAIK, the final decision will be announced later. I think nobody will work with this engine.
Thank you for your answers. Straight forward, that´s the way to go.

Altough I don´t like to hear that, I like the way you are telling us things, go on like this B6, I appreciate it!

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well, selling the source code to someone may be hard after the rough ride that CloD has had... The smell of Spaghetti code is strong with this one

It really would be a nice "good bye" present if they released the source code to Daidalos or a similar community team with some disclaimers that they can not use it for commercial products without paying royalties or similar...
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

New Falcon 4.0. Just crack this mess...

Nearmiss, BS... I'm loving the new "consumers relationship"...

Really...