Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post

I remember thinking... why is it I have such a problem with gays?

The I realized why. when they hit on me it was like they were saying, "you are like me", which I found very objectionable.
Lol lots and lots nearmiss!! Did they try and hit on you often? Come on m8, post a picture of yourself so we can judge whether you're "Gay Bait."

@ JG27/Farber; that's NOT a Monty Python video at all. That's P Company at Aldershot practising for their "Coming out" parade.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm not trying to start a political post... so don't go there.

Do you have experience or have knowledge of this?

There are countries that have open gays in military and I am wondering how has that worked out?
My last 6 months of life in the United States Marines was good. I was proud to know that a victory had been won for American's who previously had to hide behind a mask to serve their country.

I knew of a few that came out after the repeal, and believe it it not, most of them were women. I know that discipline in the US armed forces is above all and that no one will get away with trying to drive gay and lesbian kids out of the service or into suicide.

One of the questions I asked at my old CO's brief was "Have other countries adopted a similar policy, and if so have they faced similar problems as servicemen here expect?"

They said that serving in Afghanistan with the Dutch blew their minds with the way everything was co-ed. They said that males and females shared all facilities. They said they never saw a break up in problems amongst the Brits, or French.

That brought me faith and pride.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

There are countries that have open gays in military and I am wondering how has that worked out?
Well as one who spent 11 years in the military (4 RA, 5 AR, 2 ANG) and during that time worked with guys who were gay..

I would prefer a gay guy over a female on the battle field!

Now before anyone goes off the deep end..

I am not saying there are NO WOMEN out there that can pull their weight, all I am saying is that MOST of the women in the armed forces are NOT pulling their weight!

The US gov has been toying with our military in more ways than one, every social experience one can think of has been tried there. And for the most part it has not been good!

So Ill end with this

There are some women out there that are a mans equal.. So let them join!

Now if the politicians belied that too

Than they would not force the military to have two physical test (PT) standards, one for male and one for female!

My only fear is if the politician ever did address that, they would not raise the standard for the women up to the mens standard, but lower the mens standard down to the womens standard.. Than we would be in a real world of hurt IMHO!

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 04-20-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
I'm thinking about morale for the most part.

When I was in military it wasn't even a consideration to allow them in.

I remember thinking... why is it I have such a problem with gays?

The I realized why. when they hit on me it was like they were saying, "you are like me", which I found very objectionable.

I am curious to know how it is working in other countries that allow gays in the military.

The reason I ask is because you cannot really get any "REAL" information about the topic.

It would be interesting to know what the military men and women are dealing with, and their perspective on it.

Afterall, all the bureucrats and politicians know what is best for everyone.

The media is clammed up tight, the politicians don't talk about it, and the Generals are all under gag orders.
"The I realized why. when they hit on me it was like they were saying, "you are like me", which I found very objectionable."

My self; I found it flattering that I'm a good looking enough guy, for a Gay to even hit on me. I'm secure enough to know how to say thanks for the ego boost but I'm straight.
If your not secure with your self and know how to control your self esteem, or ego then you have a problem with your self.

Gays have been in the military since the dawn of war.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

Last edited by GF_Mastiff; 04-20-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Global Moderator

You guys are talking about me...

Don't waste your time on me.

I asked what I thought was a sensible question. Some have responded to it and others probably don't know anything about the topic and are just juicing the thread.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

I see where Mastiff is coming from but I also see where nearmiss is comming from. What grinds my gears about Homosexuals is that within the first five minutes of a convasation they must tell you they are gay. Or they explain something that has just happened to them and then say, "We'll he/she only did that casue Im gay..." I dont go ramming my Hetrosexuality down everyones throat, so why is it ok for them to do it? I dont tell people upon meeting them what a massive hetro I am... That would be wierd. However its a gays right to do this? If anyone wants to chase sausage - go for it, more clunge for me!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

It usually only takes 30 sec to tell they are fags.
Some of the "males" are harder to "spot" though.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
I dont go ramming my Hetrosexuality down everyones throat
Now thats gay!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Hahah, Ace I like what you did there. Now that you mention it... Upon meeting women in the past Ive rammed my Hetrosexually down their throats ant they didnt really mind... Actually maybe thats different.

Indeed Swiss. However they can spot a hetro just the same and still insist on telling you they like sausage...

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 04-20-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

and why do you think the Spartan state was in decline they have always been around...just recent history has made a big deal out it.
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Closed Thread